Anyone use Meat Church brisket injection???

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hello Brethren,

Has anyone here used Meat Church Brisket Injection? If so what did you think?
I'm planning on doing a 15lb packer in my KBQ stick burner for a neighborhood Q I'm hosting. I was going to use the injection and Meat Church Holy Cow rub.

After a chicken brine, injection, rub fail on all points (way too salty), I want to make sure I don't over salt this brisket.

I'm considering using a more diluted mix for the injection and or using a low or no salt rub.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
JD

I've never used either this injection of this rub, but I have injected and rubbed many briskets before and have never had to worry about the finished product being oversalty. I know it doesn't help with these specifics, but just wanted to mention it for ya.

I would just follow whatever directions are on the injection bag, you're using an injection and rub from the same company, I'm sure they're meant to be used in combination. I doubt you'll run into an oversaltiness issue by injecting and applying rub as you normally would.

Thanks for asking, I’m curious about what the Brethren think of the injection.

I have a bag in the cupboard I’ve been hesitant to use because it contains MSG which I tend to stay away from.

I love their Holy Cow rub, but I don't think I have tried their injection. I will be looking for opinions on it.

I use the injection in brisket...but thinned down from the instructions on package. For my taste...full strength was overpowering.

I use the injection in brisket...but thinned down from the instructions on package. For my taste...full strength was overpowering.

Thanks so much pife,
I can see how that would be as Matt Pittman has his roots in competition.
I am respectfully requesting for you to let me know roughly the mixture you’ve landed on.
Also, do you use a full salt rub like their Holy Cow & or Holy Gospel?
Have you found the perfect injection & a typical full salt run to result in an overly salty product.
Thanks in advance!!!
JD

I have used it a handful of times. One time my brother mixed the injection and it came out very salty but I suspect he didn't mix it correctly. Couple times I have done it it has turned out good. I inject and rub the night before.

Here is a quick video - I split the muscles before cooking so I get a more even cook. https://www.tiktok.com/@big_racks_bbq/video/7163326208946621739

Good luck!

I have used it a handful of times. One time my brother mixed the injection and it came out very salty but I suspect he didn't mix it correctly. Couple times I have done it it has turned out good. I inject and rub the night before.

Here is a quick video - I split the muscles before cooking so I get a more even cook. https://www.tiktok.com/@big_racks_bbq/video/7163326208946621739

Good luck!

Thanks fat guy,
So if I mix it correctly or even go light on concentration, I can use my regular full salt rub w/ out it tasting overly salty?
Thanks for posting the video but I don’t have TikTok.
Best regards!
JD

The Meat Church recipe calls for 1/3 cup powder to 1 cup liquid. I usually use 2 cups liquid (water) and maybe a little less powder. My humble opinion is that it needed thinned down. My hope is to get the benefits of injection without any injection taste. Try changing your powder/liquid ratio and the amount that you actually inject until you find what you like.

I use a regular salt rub (Meadow Creek Brisket Rub) from a local bbq supply in Lancaster, pa. Same fairly heavy rub whether I inject or not.

The Meat Church recipe calls for 1/3 cup powder to 1 cup liquid. I usually use 2 cups liquid (water) and maybe a little less powder. My humble opinion is that it needed thinned down. My hope is to get the benefits of injection without any injection taste. Try changing your powder/liquid ratio and the amount that you actually inject until you find what you like.

I use a regular salt rub (Meadow Creek Brisket Rub) from a local bbq supply in Lancaster, pa. Same fairly heavy rub whether I inject or not.

Thanks so much pife!
Wow you really do water it way down, like less than half.
So by "....benifits of injection..., I assume you mean moisture retention due to phosphates, is that correct?
I want both, though not as much as competitions. In one of Meat Church's Matt Pittman videos comparing fat up (TX style) vs fat down (coipition style), he injected w/ full recommended mix. He said it was "...beefy, almost like beef ramen." I took that to mean salty.
Thanks again,
I'll let you all know how it turns out.
JD

Exactly...when I hear someone say it tastes "beefy" I interpret that as they taste a added substance. Whether they know it or not. I want to taste BEEF...not something that tastes "beefy".

I once injected a brisket with beef stock/water mixture, along with Kosmos Reserve, per the instructions. I won't make that mistake again. Everybody else LOVED it. And by everybody else, I mean the in-laws. Who cook prime rib to 200*F.

I once injected a brisket with beef stock/water mixture, along with Kosmos Reserve, per the instructions. I won't make that mistake again. Everybody else LOVED it. And by everybody else, I mean the in-laws. Who cook prime rib to 200*F.

Sorry to hear that.
Why didn't you like it?
What was the impact of that injection?
Thanks for sharing.
JD

Thanks fat guy,
So if I mix it correctly or even go light on concentration, I can use my regular full salt rub w/ out it tasting overly salty?
Thanks for posting the video but I don’t have TikTok.
Best regards!
JD

Correct. You should be able to watch that video without having Tiktok downloaded. If you click the link it should open through the internet. Could also copy past, don't need an account to view. You will see exactly what I used in it for rubs, etc. I follow the guidelines on the package. I think my brother used half the water the time he mixed it so that was def a little to salty.

Exactly...when I hear someone say it tastes "beefy" I interpret that as they taste a added substance. Whether they know it or not. I want to taste BEEF...not something that tastes "beefy".

Correct. You should be able to watch that video without having Tiktok downloaded. If you click the link it should open through the internet. Could also copy past, don't need an account to view. You will see exactly what I used in it for rubs, etc. I follow the guidelines on the package. I think my brother used half the water the time he mixed it so that was def a little to salty.

Thanks again.
I’m stead of 1/3 mix w/ 1 cup of water, I mixed 1/2 cup mix w/ 2 cup water.
Took your lead Pife.
I’ll go light w/ Meat Church Holy Cow & heavy w/ a salt free beef rub.
I’ll let you know how it turns out.
JD

Good luck!

Thanks again.
I’m stead of 1/3 mix w/ 1 cup of water, I mixed 1/2 cup mix w/ 2 cup water.
Took your lead Pife.
I’ll go light w/ Meat Church Holy Cow & heavy w/ a salt free beef rub.
I’ll let you know how it turns out.
JD

Thanks again everyone,
It came out great. Not only the best I've ever cooked, but the best I've ever tasted.Even with my diluted concentration, I could still taste the salt. Not too much, but if I had used a full salt rub it would have been.
Best regards!
JD

Back