Brick Stumps Style

Lesson Learned # 1, the 350X350mm feed shute is too big. Next one will be 250X250 Max

Lesson Learned #2, the hot Gas Out let to the Cooking chamber is too big, heat is very hard to control. Solution is to install a damper between the fire box and the cooking chamber to get it set right then lock in place. Use cross section area to determine best size for the next one.

Lesson Learned Number 3, Hot gas outlet is too high up in the the firebox, should be about 25 to 50 mm above the ash grate.

Lesson Learned #4 - 6mm plate for Door is over kill, IT IS FRIGGING HEAVY, building a new one out of 2 mm x 50mm "C" profile with 2 mm skins and rock wool insulation. (Insulation is Free or I would have bought Ceramic Fiber)

Gemsbok Ribs and Plate

We are doing Gemsbok today. Rub is chili powder (homemade) salt, black pepper, rosemary and juniper berries. Smells heavenly. No sugar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 141
Just have to get the burn right, little Tim Allen in me i guess. Still havent figured out that more power is not always the answer. But it is easier to restrict gas flow than not having enough

Damper WORKS!!!!

Installed a butterfly damper in the hot gas outlet to the cooking chamber. Wide open for start up / heat up then throttled down for the cook. Worked great. Much better and more stable temperature control.

Ribs from 1st cook with damper installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 84
have about 1200 USD in this, mostly steel, bricks were free had to buy the cement

used 6 mm plate for the chute / firebox/ ash pan and the door, welded deck grating for the shelves

would be willing to help someone from afar if you wanted to really build one

Back