Bologna Chub

Good bologna seems to be a regional thing, like good hot dogs. The best stuff often doesn't have wide distribution. Any great hot dogs in your region? I'd try calling real meat markets and asking.

That said, I've never smoked bologna or tried it.

Sam's used to carry Schwab's chubs, but I haven't seen them since pre-Covid. Now I get them from a few grocery stores in the area. They're easy and fun to smoke.

I use the Instacart app when I'm trying to locate something. Type the item in, and it will tell you which stores you can order it from. Of course not every store is signed up with them, so it will obviously miss some places-but I actually use it for this same item, and it sent me to a place I had never been to before-and they had the bologna!

Save a Lot sells the Bar S brand full chub. Not top of the line but for $8 a full chub , smoked and sauced, Sliced or cubed up for burnt ends it is actually very good .

I usually try to find a reasonably priced all-beef chubb when I smoke, but I've done a lot of the Bar S toes-tails-and-rims too. All pretty tasty, and debatable if the all-beef justifies the price.

GFS has 6lb chubs of bologna. I checked and there is a GFS in San Diego. The brand is Kent. It's not premium bologna but I've had it and it's great on the smoker.
*Edit - My fault. It appears GFS isn't in San Diego. I would say Costco would be your best bet.

Last edited:
Save a Lot sells the Bar S brand full chub. Not top of the line but for $8 a full chub , smoked and sauced, Sliced or cubed up for burnt ends it is actually very good .

Bar S is the WORST processed meat all time. The absolute lowest quality

Back