Blues Hog fans--if you've got a WorldMarket near you

I haven't tried the sauce I picked up yet but I'm gonna do a test run this weekend. Gonna try some chicken, drums maybe, with some straight up out of each bottle, some 50/50 orig/TR, and some with my normal concoction. It will be a blind test with my kids and who ever else I can round up.

I haven't tried the sauce I picked up yet but I'm gonna do a test run this weekend. Gonna try some chicken, drums maybe, with some straight up out of each bottle, some 50/50 orig/TR, and some with my normal concoction. It will be a blind test with my kids and who ever else I can round up.

I used 50/50 it on chicken on Sunday Tom. :thumb: I think they'll love it in any config. Mind you that I'm not a sauce guy yet I can't keep my mouth shut about this stuff.

sOCNX0lh.jpg

Ok. Went back to my St Louis store and cleaned out the last two jars of the Tennessee. No Original and no rubs unfortunately.

So now I have no original to mix the 50/50. How do you suggest to use the Tennessee?

1. Marinade on chicken? Pork? Other suggestions?
2. Mix it 50/50 with another sweet sauce like KC Masterpiece or Sweet Baby Ray?
3. Baste on chicken pork or other for the last 30 of my cook?

I already know I want to save one jar for the next time I do pulled pork but looking for suggestions or recipes on how to use the other one.

Thanks!

Thanks for this heads up! I thought I was way too late to the party, but had the wife pick up four jars of original close to home, but I'm Sure another BRETHEREN made off with the Tennessee red and rubs lol! No worries, I drove 140 miles on business and picked up six jars of red, and four rubs... I left a decent amount on the shelf to spread the wealth I guess. Can't wait to use it, I believe that I saved over 30 dollars off of the regular price.

Funny thing is, that I remember seeing Blues Hog on the shelf back when it first came out, when I lived in Oklahoma, but for some reason it didn't set off any bells and whistles back then to try it. It's certainly harder to find it out extreme west.

finally got around to test this stuff out

the daughter and I did a little sampling but the 23 yr old son wouldn't participate, he is a little butt hurt that I told him he wasn't keeping up with his free rental agreement

so based on 2 opinions this is the results, our preference

1. BH 50/50 orig./ tenn. red
2. my SBR modified
3. BH tenn. red
4.3 BH orig.

Back