Blues Hog fans--if you've got a WorldMarket near you

Went online and got tennessee red and the blues hog rub. All sold out of the blues hog original:( other a couple other sauces I have never tried. Cowtown original and j. Lee Roy's hickory and original dipping sauce. Will have to find some of the blues hog original. If I read right the winning ticket is half red and half original??

Just checked two stores near me. Both show available. Guess I'll be making a road trip tomorrow!

Thanks for the tip Sako. We have one in Chattanooga but I almost never go in there. I go through a lot of Blues Hog so I will head over there tomorrow to see if their sale is a national thing. If it is I'm gonna back my truck up to it. :biggrin1:

Good deal John! While you're there check out the other bbq rubs, sauces etc. They also carry Walkerswod jerk seasoning and marinade. It's real good stuff but real spicy. Theyve got a load of other seasonings, sauces, bbq gadgets etc.

Went online and got tennessee red and the blues hog rub. All sold out of the blues hog original:( other a couple other sauces I have never tried. Cowtown original and j. Lee Roy's hickory and original dipping sauce. Will have to find some of the blues hog original. If I read right the winning ticket is half red and half original??

I've tried the regular J Lee Roy's original sauce and it just tastes like seasoned, overly sweet ketchup. Didn't care for it and I don't have my hopes up on the hickory.

Haven't tried the Cowtown bbq sauce but the rub was good.

Thanks for the info. At $2.50 I figured I would try the dipping sauce. If I don't like it I can use it in a little R&D. Guess I will just order the original blues sauce off their website

Got four of each today and left a bunch. Gonna try it tomorrow and if I like it, go back and get more. Thanks for the heads up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 138
Thanks for the heads up! I got four of each sauce, two rubs and two bags of chips for $27 out the door. BB&B was right next door so i stopped in and bought more squirt bottles as well. Must have 5 different BBQ sauces in squirt bottles in the fridge now along with a couple that are in their original packaging...girlfriend might kill me soon.

Potato chips are my biggest weakness and I'm always wondering why flavors like cheese and onion and bbq and onion aren't abundant: World Market's own brand does both flavors with the BBQ Sweet Vidalia Onion one being pretty legit. That was a nice little bonus.

Have to say that I liked both sauces on their own. I've done the mix and it's good, of course, but it wasn't so much better. Perhaps the magic is putting them on near the end of a rib cook...think I'll prove/disprove this hypothesis tomorrow for science sake.

Guess I'll be stopping by the one near me. I wonder if this means they'll no longer be carrying it. If so that sucks, I was happy to have a local supplier. Hopefully they're just clearing it out seasonally.

Guess I'll be stopping by the one near me. I wonder if this means they'll no longer be carrying it. If so that sucks, I was happy to have a local supplier. Hopefully they're just clearing it out seasonally.

My thought exactly. From what the lady at the register was saying they were selling them like hot cakes. In between my trips to the store I saw significant reduction in inventory so there is definitely merit to what she was saying.

Hopefully it's just end of season clearance.

Ok,

Going back to load up on the rub now. I just tried it and liked it. Not too salty or sweet and that works for be. Seems well balanced. Can't go wrong for the price.

Good thing I nabbed two of the rubs...thinking I should of nabbed more.

It's right by the Costco as well so I may stop by again before grabbing some meat for the weekend.

Nothing in-stock at Redlands, CA store, even though World Market website says they should have some on the shelves. The sauces are sold out online, but you can order 2-pack of the rubs for $5

Just came back from the Glendale store since I was short a few jars of the Tennessee Red. They have about 5+ jars of Red and 15-20 jars of original just in case anyone near wants to grab them.

I tasted the rub this AM and loved it and unfortunately I grabbed only one rub from the Valencia store (where I usually shop) and when I was in Glendale they had no rubs. I just ordered the rubs online since I won't make it to Valencia until Monday.

BTW one of the brethren mentioned a code for 10% off and it works. It's Savebig10

Back