Blackstone griddle burner problems

This problem will occur when the tank is shut off before shutting the burners off.

I've had this on my 36 once.
Ran out of gas during a cook, swapped tanks with the BS valves all open.
Turned off all the valves, tank included, then opened the tank and then the BS valves one at a time, slowly.

If not this, then the regulator is the next suspect.

I don't know about blackstone griddle regulators but all new propane tank valves have safety valves in them that prevent the flow of too much gas and sometime they stick and prevent proper burn.

The cure is to turn off the burners fist, then turn off the tank valve. Bang the tank down hard on a hard surface a few times. Then turn on the tank valve Very slowly and then try to light as normal. Failing that try again and then, failing that, seek further help.

Thanks for all the input! So far so good with the slow/small propane tank opening...that’s interesting about shutting the burners off first, on every gas cooking device I’ve used I have always shut off the tank first. Figured getting the gas out of the lines and letting it burn off was a better idea, based on nothing really :becky:

From a safety point you are probably correct and back in the pre-safety valve days all it cost you was slow lighting but these days the it causes the trouble you are having.

Back