Blackstone 17" Table Top Griddle $49 (or less) @ many Walmarts (YMMV)

I called the store this morning to check inventory and was told that they were out of stock. I went to the store just to check and was able to snag one of two left on the shelf this afternoon. :p

If in the Sacramento CA area the multiple local Wallyworlds have multiple units. I snagged mine yesterday. Seasoning starts soon!

Love my 17" Blackstone griddle. I bought the 36" first. The 17" comes in real handy when cooking for the 2 of us.
Smash burgers with taters tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 254
I managed to score one today for 49.00.hope to season it tomorrow. I will follow homesmoke's advice and do it outside,also picked up the converter hose to go from a 20 lb directly to the grill, it cost under 20.00, but when I saw the green bottle that fit it cost almost 7.00 bucks, I remembered I have two full 20 lb bottle sitting at home, and now that I don't have a gas grill anymore what the heck. They had one more, but it did not have a box or instructions, also one of the front corners was caved in a bit, I ask the store manager if he could discount it, but he said because it was already at a clearance price he could not, so I walked away. I saw the king cooker pot marked down to 15.00 but as hard as I tried I could not find a good reason to buy it.:rolleyes:
Dave

So I was reading this thread earlier. Said, wth, let me check my area. Mind you, I've used brick seek before and gotten burned. No inventory or they won't honor the price. Got my arse off the couch, drove 3.5 miles.......sure enough. It said they had 2 left, 2 were on the shelf. 2 are now in my garage. One for me and one for my old man! Wanted one of these for camping. My dad cooks outside a lot, so perfect for him. One Walmart had em for $25 but were sold out. Damn!

Took mine out of the box and set it up. Very impressed! Griddle has some weight to it. Next weekend it gets broke in! AM breakfast and PM tacos!

Well, thanks farkers! Thanks brickseek. Thanks Walmart. Thanks black stone.

Bob

Holy cow! Just checked again and it shows out of stock at the Walmart I went to. So, it updates pretty quick. Was there about 1 hour ago.

Bob

Last edited:
I'm showing 60qt KING KOOKER boiling pots with strainers for $21.00. I'm up to my gills in crawfish pots.

KING KOOKER Model# KK60-60qt. Aluminum Boiling Pot with Lid and Basket

I would caution against using your kitchen oven. While it would indeed be possible to season in the kitchen oven, the amount of smoke, and the smell of the seasoning oil cooking off will in my opinion cause you to regret the decision. However if you have serious hood ventilation extraction, maybe!

Seasoning usually takes 3-4 cycles of oiling, and then heating to burn in the oil to the surface of the griddle. Cool, repeat.

Generates a lot of really funky smelling smoke. You possibly would have it lingering long enough for the guests next week to notice.

Or try it, and then you can educate someone else down the road:biggrin1:
No need to ask me how I know this. After 45 years of seasoning and re-seasoning a fairly large collection of cast iron that we cook with, only once in the house!!

Agree 100%. Do NOT do this indoors. I tried it once, learned my lesson, and yes.....house stunk for DAYS. Wife was not happy and reminded me of it everyday. The factory oil/coating is what stinks up the place. Do it outside. I will probably use my larger two burner camp chef stove to get it done faster and not put the stress on the smaller Blackstone unit.

Bob

The website pic was a little confusing at first, I could not understand why they wouild put nuts and bolts sticking up on top. Then I saw homesmokes post and realized it was shown in its storage mod when not in use gees now it makes since. I did a search and see a store not to far from me has them for 49.00, so may just have to do a short road trip. to save on the gas I think it could be seasoned in your kitchen oven.

I am thinking of doing some Philly cheese steak sandwiches next week for some company, and I think this this would be great for that.:thumb:
Dave

Damn, no kidding. Some philly cheese steaks might be better than the tacos I had in mind! Just might do those instead!:clap2:

Bob

Got one yesterday! Still a number left at area stores. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Brickseek shows them in stock at several places near me but when you go to the specific store they are all out of stock unfortunately.

Pull up the brickseek page on your phone and click on the link for "show upc". Find an employee with one of the hand held scanners and have them scan the barcode. Should tell how many in stock according to their system, as well as the location.

Also, some walmart stores actually have an clearance aisle, so check for that as well.

Of course, it's possible that the BS results are wrong, but it's also possible that it's right, but the items are just difficult to find.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! just bought on online ready to be picked up $49, best steal of the year so far

if you are having trouble go to walmart.com and select pickup and it should give you the promo price of $49, if they have it in stock

Back