At $50 I couldn't refuse--Repurposing my new 28" Blackstone griddle

Mine showed $189 at first then the inventory list showed $99 but most locations had 0 in stock anyway

Interesting website!

Hmmm... Something to keep an eye on. What size is the cooktop? Just wondering if it would fit my gasser as well.

My gasser is 36" but the total cooking space is 32" x roughly 20+"

I measured the griddle top for you

28.5"

upwDNowh.jpg

by 18"

QXoGs0Mh.jpg

PS you also have to account a couple inches for the drain lip which extends out

WBF9XRqh.jpg

Last edited:
Seasoned last night and made a quick breakfast this morning to test out

lkkdDQhh.jpg

What else is better to cook the first time than homemade bacon

oAK4C3Rh.jpg

DQf9OwSh.jpg

I'm getting dead even heat all around since my gasser has ceramic radiants that redistribute heat evenly from end to end. Works better than the stock burners :thumb:

q5iTvBch.jpg

Just plugged in the brickseek.com for my zip code, they are $189.99 at my Walmart, CRAP!

Mine showed $189 at first then the inventory list showed $99 but most locations had 0 in stock anyway

Interesting website!

Guys,

I think whichever store has stock left are getting blown out. Looks like it sold real well at some stores and no the other. In majority, the crowd or the neighborhood around where I bought mine isn't a grilling/outdoor type so I wasn't surprised on the very low price. They don't really have much bbq stuff there anyway so I wasn't surprised to find them there.

Good retrofit mate,I would love to get my hands on one of them bbq,s here.
A decent plate griddle is going to set me back hundreds

Thanks Titch! I was looking at getting one custom made for my gasser and that would've been hundreds like you said. So I picked up the 36 a few years back and it worked. Then came this crazy deal and I couldn't pass it up and it was a no brainer. I can sell the 36 now and free up some space plus the griddle top will get a lot more use on my gasser.

My gasser is 36" but the total cooking space is 32" x roughly 20+"

I measured the griddle top for you

28.5" by 18"

PS you also have to account a couple inches for the drain lip which extends out

Thanks for taking the time to measure. Bummer! Mine is 26.5" x 19"

Just saw this thread, checked the brickseek site for the Houston area, this is what followed:

My Wife: "only a crazy person would drive across town to Walmart 20 minutes before closing to buy the last Blackstone Griddle in Houston marked down!"

Me: "Challenge accepted!"

15747796_10210979398940845_4971517567443560657_n.jpg

That brick seek is cool. All in my area are $99 but it shows 0 availability. However, I went to one of those stores today and they had one left. I don't need a flat top, but for $50 I'd jump on it. I even showed him the pics on this thread marked at $50 and he wouldn't budge. Said, how about $70. Still nothing.
Anyhow, told my buddy about it. For him, at $99 it would be great since he has been looking for a flat top.

Gonna check a couple more stores and ask a couple more managers. Can't hurt.

That is an insane deal.

The box was in a stack of other grills etc all in beat up, weather beaten boxes in the garden section. He wouldn't budge. Farker. He wasn't the manger for that dept so may try that store again and ask a different manager.

Bob

Checked my local Walmart... according to the website 5 in stock for $99. Drive over there, yup, 5 in stock, butt $161. Got the manager, nope $161. I walked out.

Well that didn't take long. There were 20 available on Monday and none as of this AM and perhaps last night. I let a friend know that wanted to pick up one or two for the sons. :grin:

Qty Price
Walmart Supercenter
27931 Kelly Johnson Pkwy
Santa Clarita CA 91355
661-294-5211
(1.99 Miles) 0 $50.0
Walmart

Just saw this thread, checked the brickseek site for the Houston area, this is what followed:

My Wife: "only a crazy person would drive across town to Walmart 20 minutes before closing to buy the last Blackstone Griddle in Houston marked down!"

Me: "Challenge accepted!"

15747796_10210979398940845_4971517567443560657_n.jpg

I would've done the same. :nod: Nice score!

That brick seek is cool. All in my area are $99 but it shows 0 availability. However, I went to one of those stores today and they had one left. I don't need a flat top, but for $50 I'd jump on it. I even showed him the pics on this thread marked at $50 and he wouldn't budge. Said, how about $70. Still nothing.
Anyhow, told my buddy about it. For him, at $99 it would be great since he has been looking for a flat top.

Gonna check a couple more stores and ask a couple more managers. Can't hurt.

That is an insane deal.

The box was in a stack of other grills etc all in beat up, weather beaten boxes in the garden section. He wouldn't budge. Farker. He wasn't the manger for that dept so may try that store again and ask a different manager.

Bob

Brickseek sure beats driving around Bob. Pretty accurate most of the time since I scored Weber kettles from $30-$50 when they were on clearance at Target. They make awesome gifts.

As for the Blackstone, seems like others tried also and the managers don't budge on the price. Really is a great price even at $99 for someone who doesn't have it but for $50 it was a no brainer for me and of course would be for you as well.

I thought $69 was good deal. I've been outdone AGAIN:jaw:

Really is but $50 is naturally better. :becky: Thanks for starting that other thread. If it wasn't for your thread I totally forgot about brickseek.com

Nice retrofit! Sure is easier to have just the top laying around then the entire grill.

Exactly for that reason Matt. Plus way more even heat, more room to put stuff around because of my island, a grill cover to close during cooks if I choose.

Thanks!

Checked my local Walmart... according to the website 5 in stock for $99. Drive over there, yup, 5 in stock, butt $161. Got the manager, nope $161. I walked out.

Mine specific box was priced at $99 but when scanned by the cashier it was $50 just as it showed on brickseek.

Thank you for the Brickseek link! Never heard of it.
Totally unrelated, but my local WalMart has a gas powered weed trimmer on sale for $21!! On my Way!!
BalckStones are $99, but 0 inventory.
Thanks again for the link!

Back