Beef short back rib cook (Dino's) w/ pron

Art A

Full Fledged Farker
Found some good looking beef back short ribs at Restaurant Depot. Though a little pricey at $5.68 per, I had to have them.

Trimmed,prepped and seasoned them. I like to keep it simple with a little Montreal seasoning.

Dino ready for smoker.jpg
On to my Yoder 640 for about 6 hrs at 260-280. Wrapped em in foil with a little beef stock after 3 hrs.

Dino on the cooker.jpg
Pulled em at 198 and rested for close to an hour in a faux cambro (ice chest)
Sliced em and ate em with fried taters and salad and I'm sure I added a little more girth to my belly. They was good.

20170303_37.jpg

Those ribs look awesome! Nice job and I wish I could get them for that price. Up here there 10$ pound !

Those ribs look awesome! Nice job and I wish I could get them for that price. Up here there 10$ pound !

$10.00 per! ouch...and I was feeling sorry for myself because my 3 bone rack was right at 7 lbs @ $5.68 per. Now I don't feel so bad.:grin:

Looks very tasty from here mate.
Ribs use to be cheap here but now are way up there.

Good looking ribs, OP!

Ribs use to be cheap here but now are way up there.
Same here with wings, then skirt steak, then dinos, then chuck - all lesser grades with alot of waste - but people found tasty uses for them....
why would wings be $2.99/lb and boneless skinless chix breast $1.99?

YOU DID GREAT... and $5.68 a pound I would have stocked up my freezer.

Those ribs look great! Be aware they are 'beef plate short ribs,' and not 'beef back ribs."

Those ribs look great! Be aware they are 'beef plate short ribs,' and not 'beef back ribs."
You're absolutely right. The package did say"beef short ribs" and I knew they are referred to as, "plate ribs". My bad :doh:

Back