Beef ribs

You want 123A beef plate ribs. These are the ribs 6 though 8 from the mid-section of the rib section. These have more meat than the four rib slabs. They will be harder to get, more expensive but worth it, in my opinion.

You want 123A beef plate ribs. These are the ribs 6 though 8 from the mid-section of the rib section. These have more meat than the four rib slabs. They will be harder to get, more expensive but worth it, in my opinion.

Where do ya find them in the (southern) Houston area? TIA

I get mine at Sams. The quality is generally very good. They are almost always marked as Angus and choice. They cut them but when you ring the bell they will bring out cryovac packs. Some times they are two racks to a pack and other times 4 racks to a pack. Personally beef short ribs are my favorite thing to cook and eat. To me they are better than brisket and take less time to cook. Good luck and good eating.

If your nice to the Sam's guy he will give you 1 plate (2 plates per pack). I don't do that but a cheap buddy of mine was able to buy half a pack before they cut them up (not sure who eats these cut beef ribs but they are ruining them)!

Called my local Sam's today, all they had was huge packs (20-25 lbs). Said the supplier they have sending now are supplying the big packs. Unfortunately they can't split the pack, atleast that's what I was told. He said that I should check back towards the end of the week, could be a different supplier shipment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Called my local Sam's today, all they had was huge packs (20-25 lbs). Said the supplier they have sending now are supplying the big packs. Unfortunately they can't split the pack, atleast that's what I was told. He said that I should check back towards the end of the week, could be a different supplier shipment.

I often by the whole pack. You can't have to many beef short ribs on hand.:-D I just freeze what I am not using. But my wife somehow gets them to break up the packs all the time.

I often by the whole pack. You can't have to many beef short ribs on hand.:-D I just freeze what I am not using. But my wife somehow gets them to break up the packs all the time.
Man, if I came home with $150 worth of ribs, my wife wouldn't be a happy camper!!

Restaurant Depot access

Try for a day pass. They should give you one
I thought about buying KCBS membership so that I could get a RD member card. We have about 30 mins from my house.

If you have any buissness license you can get a free membership there
Just ask for a day pass they may just let you in

Making friends with the Bartender, Butcher, and Judge....well it cures a multitude of sins....

Went to publix after work, talked to the butcher. Had a case of ribs to choose from. Going to go back on Friday and grab a pack for the weekend.

Back