Costco Beef Back Ribs

Michael DC

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Michael
My local Costco now has beef back ribs for sale. these are not "Dino" size ribs but look really good. Has anyone tried them? Thanks & Cheers!

My local Costco now has beef back ribs for sale. these are not "Dino" size ribs but look really good. Has anyone tried them? Thanks & Cheers!

Back ribs are the bones they cut off of boneless ribeyes.
They are much leaner than “Dino” (short) ribs and cook much quicker.

I find they have a cook time similar to pork (baby) back ribs

At my markets, each package of beef back ribs need a close inspection because it's more valuable to leave the meat on the rib primal, so sometimes the meat cutters don't leave much meat on the ribs they are removing. But I sure like them...

1jVsjQl.jpg

I smoked some up a few weeks ago and they were pretty tasty. I made the leftovers into wonderful wonderful tacos.

Attachments

• Beef ribs.jpg
    Beef ribs.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 155
It's rare that I see them here and when I do, there's nothing left on them. Too much effort for too little meat.

I just smoked a rack last week. Very tasty. Not a ton of meat, but cheap. Can do 1 rack per person and it’s enough. I did a simple cook: smoked to 185, spritz once. Wrapped in butcher paper and finished off to 202. Let rest for an hr or two. Fall apart tender

Back