Beef Ribs. Cooking Like Cowgirl!!

Now that I have a little time, I thought I would add the rest of the photos I had of the ribs for those interested. Better lighting on these.
Now these weighed in at over 6 1/2 pounds when I started cooking them and I got about 3 1/2 pounds of meat, fully cooked.

IMG_3794_zpsaa716b6f.jpg

Sure need to invest in a better camera one day.. Out of focus.
IMG_3803_zpsbcd69bc8.jpg

IMG_3805_zps7a58958a.jpg

These just fall apart and melt in your mouth!
IMG_3813_zps71c229a5.jpg

As you can see here the beef ribs are marbled with fat. Not sure if everyone likes that but for me it adds a ton of flavor and is super juicy.
IMG_3823_zpsf720940d.jpg

So what's everyone paying for short ribs in their neck of the woods? I picked up two slabs (9.75 lb) to cook this weekend at Tom Thumb today for $5.99/lb.

So what's everyone paying for short ribs in their neck of the woods? I picked up two slabs (9.75 lb) to cook this weekend at Tom Thumb today for $5.99/lb.

IGNORE THIS, I THINK I AM WRONG.

I'll have to look again next time I go. I bought 4 plates last time and still have two or three in the freezer. I seem to remember it being something like high $40's for the four plates. Then again, I am old and my memory is not that good.

To BaronVonOttomatic..
Beef rib prices in So Cal..

This is what I just paid. RD was out of them and said they were not going to get anymore in. (I think they were messing with me). I got this from Sams Club.

IMG_3754.jpg

Just picked up some ribs and going to cook up today.

Since it is Ray and Jeanie inspired not sure if I should call it SilverGirl or CowFinger?

Beef ribs.....Maybe CowFingers!

Hope I can get anything close to these!

Hope I don't offend either of you - I am truly inspired by both of you.

Last edited:
This is by far the best beef rib cook I've ever done!
It has to be the bacon drippings!!
Thank you Jeanie for this awesome trick you do to beef ribs. Just incredible!!

Can't imagine your ribs being any better but hope to try your news version in the future.

Back