Beef Ribs. Cooking Like Cowgirl!!

First, ain't nobody cooks like cowgirl,:loco:
second, you don't look thing like a cowgirl
third, :biggrin1:
that is an awesome looking slab of cooking and a cool dog too! :thumb:

Fantastic! I knew it was gonna rock - no other outcome was possible! :clap2:

Well Greg, ya know, in order to do this cook right I had to let my hair down.
Yes, I was a blonde :biggrin1:

View attachment 106875

Oh - and very high on my list of things to do when I get a hold of a time machine: Hitch hike to Cal Jam with Ray. :rockon:

This is by far the best beef rib cook I've ever done!
It has to be the bacon drippings!!
Thank you Jeanie for this awesome trick you do to beef ribs. Just incredible!!

View attachment 106916

Thanks Ray! :hug:
Those ribs look fantastic. I have a feeling it was your cookin' skills and not the bacon drippings that made them so tasty!!
Looks out of this world good!! :becky:

This is by far the best beef rib cook I've ever done!
It has to be the bacon drippings!!
Thank you Jeanie for this awesome trick you do to beef ribs. Just incredible!!

View attachment 106916

Man those ribs look great. Thanks for posting. Would you mind sharing some of the details regarding the bacon drippings application and the temp you cooked at. Thanks again.

Man those ribs look great. Thanks for posting. Would you mind sharing some of the details regarding the bacon drippings application and the temp you cooked at. Thanks again.

Sure,

Took a couple scoops of bacon grease and put it in the microwave for a few seconds just so it would be more like a thin paste. Rubbed it on then added my seasonings. One thing I have learned about beef ribs is that they seem to take on flavor real easy so I try to be careful when adding any flavor to the ribs. The first batch I ever did was way to salty. They were horrible. The bacon grease did make a difference in the flavor. I will be doing this from now on!

Temps,
I smoked these at 205 for the first 6 hours then brought the temp up to 215 for about 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks Ray! :hug:
Those ribs look fantastic. I have a feeling it was your cookin' skills and not the bacon drippings that made them so tasty!!
Looks out of this world good!! :becky:

The bacon grease really did make a difference. I was amazed!
I guess everything IS better with bacon..:cool:

where does one buy ribs like that. I m in so. cal

Restruant Depot or Sams Club. You have to ask for them at Sams because they cut them into small pieces and sell them like that.

Way to go, Ray!!

Good lookin' bones! I bet Peg is still knawin' on that bone!

Your so right about that! She loves them beef bones! :laugh:

Sure,

Took a couple scoops of bacon grease and put it in the microwave for a few seconds just so it would be more like a thin paste. Rubbed it on then added my seasonings. One thing I have learned about beef ribs is that they seem to take on flavor real easy so I try to be careful when adding any flavor to the ribs. The first batch I ever did was way to salty. They were horrible. The bacon grease did make a difference in the flavor. I will be doing this from now on!

Temps,
I smoked these at 205 for the first 6 hours then brought the temp up to 215 for about 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks so much for the info. Short ribs are on my to do list right after the Super Bowl. I am so looking forward to doing them.

Back