Beef and Broccoli on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I bought some Broccoli the other day at the supermarket. What to make with it? I poked through the freezer and found a package of thinly cut chuck steaks. I know exactly what this will become: Beef and Broccoli.

A quick recipe search at the Souped Up Recipes site and I was in business. Mandy always comes through. I thinly sliced the steaks across the grain, made up the marinade and let them sit in the fridge for a few hours. Meanwhile I put together a sauce, also from that same video to pour over the beef while it would be grilling.

The Blackstone's heated up and ready. Water is hot and ready for steaming the broccoli on the stove. Out to the Blackstone we go.

One addition to the usual Beef and Broccoli - mushrooms. Get them going first -

9Ueva00.jpg

Broccoli's in the steamer for less than 5 minutes, I want to maintain the lively green color and the crunch. So into an ice water bath it goes when done, then out to the griddle.

Beef strips searing away -

aoHDxya.jpg

This goes quickly. Add minced garlic, the sauce and the broccoli. Mix it with the beef and mushrooms -

OqdrYpo.jpg

Instead of serving over white rice (we had rice with the recently made Jambalaya), pre-cooked Soba Noodles are heated on the griddle -

ZJjVmvf.jpg

Bring it all inside and dinner is served -

43OiVyS.jpg

p6rTVjR.jpg

V9lmvKL.jpg

u1iKlq7.jpg

Fortune cookies, too!

I've made this before but followed different recipes. This recipe from Souped Up Recipes is simply outstanding. I'll admit this was much better than the Beef and Broccoli we usually get from our local Asian takeout. The flavors were right on. I made certain the beef wasn't overcooked (still a bit of pink in the center) and the broccoli had that perfect crunch.

Despite the little bit of prep work in making the marinade, the sauce, slicing the beef, mushrooms and broccoli and dicing garlic, this comes together very quickly!

If you haven't made Beef and Broccoli in a while (or ever) give this a try. Blackstone not necessary. A wok or a large saucepan will do fine.

Thanks for checking out today's Beef and Broccoli dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Yep....better than take out any day. I bet it tasted as good as it looked.

And now I have to buy a bag of those fortune cookies and open them all at once just to see what happens to me next.

Nice plate. We always have half the flank steak left after the first pan-fry cook and usually make the other half later with peppers and onions. Great to have this recipe for a change up. Thanks forthe post Dom. Will check out the Souped Recipes site as well.

Yep....better than take out any day. I bet it tasted as good as it looked.

And now I have to buy a bag of those fortune cookies and open them all at once just to see what happens to me next.

Ah, you said open. That might be doable.

MuD5xeg.jpg

I thought you said eat. :becky:

My friend,that is actually Asian food that I would love to taste.Thanks for the tutorial and direction to the recipe.I love,love the idea of the noodles instead of rice.Thank you for sharing.

Back