Stir Fry on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I had intended to make Pork Egg Rolls the day I made the Hot and Sour Soup. Didn't happen. Didn't happen today either, but I wanted to use up some leftover veggies, so:

Stir Fry on the Blackstone in the snow

Lightly snowing here in Mass, 1-3" expected. Not a problem. I gathered together some veggies that I've been wanting to make use of:

Red and Green Bell Peppers
Eggplant
Green Cabbage
Carrots
Mushrooms
Sweet Potato
Ginger
Baby Corn, canned
Broccoli

I sliced the carrots and sweet potatoes matchstick size, the peppers and eggplant were cut into thin strips, the cabbage shredded.

I had some thin pork loins I bought for the Pork Egg Rolls, sliced them thinly and into a quick marinade with Soy sauce, cornstarch, etc. Same marinade recipe I used for the Hot and Sour soup.

Out to the Blackstone with the Pork, Sweet Potato, Cabbage and Eggplant -

uTp526w.jpg

Mushrooms, Red & Green Peppers and Carrots are added when there's sufficient room -

Tr6CHF4.jpg

b4UL0Qu.jpg

Getting steamy on the griddle, with the cold air and the snow. Added the corn and broccoli last -

EYuYBVy.jpg

dnxYBVs.jpg

It all cooked up quickly since everything was cut small, so it's time to stir it all together -

5ix41eH.jpg

Lunch is ready to be served -

eAdDWjP.jpg

hyASz4V.jpg

uL45KFF.jpg

The nice thing about stir fry is you can add any veggies you want. I'd never considered adding sweet potato and eggplant before, but they both were a nice addition. Maybe with the leftovers I'll consider making egg rolls. :mrgreen: But probably not.

Thanks for following along with a stir fry adventure in the snow.

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks good Dom!

I dare you to jump in that puddle on your deck!

I have been meaning to stir fry on the Blackstone, this gives me the reminder/inspiration I need!

I also still haven't tried "velveting" some beef for stir fry like the Chinese places do, which is how they make the beef so fork tender.

Holy cow that looks good! I'm going to do teriyaki chicken on the grill tonight and I found a package of stir fry veggies in the freezer, but it won't look anything like that. Maybe if it was snowing....

I almost went to an Asian place for lunch today, now I wish I would have.
Looks great!

Looks good Dom!

I dare you to jump in that puddle on your deck!

I have been meaning to stir fry on the Blackstone, this gives me the reminder/inspiration I need!

I also still haven't tried "velveting" some beef for stir fry like the Chinese places do, which is how they make the beef so fork tender.

I won't take you up on that dare Bill, as that's the center of the pool cover. :mrgreen:

The velveting with the cornstarch really works well, the pork tenderized nicely.

Yesterday I experimented by turning the stir fry into "egg rolls". I need to remind myself that spring roll (rice) wrappers are not egg roll wrappers. I chopped the stir fry mixture a bit finer, then rolled up some spring rolls.

A few were pan fried in a cast iron skillet, the remainder baked in the oven. The results: Meh!

I'm not sure what I was thinking by substituting rice wrappers, they're fine to eat but not what I was looking for.

Back