THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I use a microwave splash cover to rinse and clear my Anasazis.

1 cup picked and rinsed
Placed in small crockpot
Covered with &+ 2" beef broth
Two tablespoons chili powder
One Teaspoon Goya AP
Two cloves jumbo garlic-crush
On High and check back later

There's just two of us but plans are to fill Keto Tortillas with beans, smoked beef cheek and pico.

Last edited:
Keto Totillas?

I use a microwave splash cover to rinse and clear my Anasazis.

1 cup picked and rinsed
Placed in small crockpot
Covered with &+ 2" beef broth
Two tablespoons chili powder
One Teaspoon Goya AP
Two cloves jumbo garlic-crush
On High and check back later

There's just two of us but plans are to fill Keto Tortillas with beans, smoked beef cheek and pico.

Hello, I was wondering if you might elaborate on your "keto tortillas".....what brand are they?
Do you like them?

I've been using the Low carb Whole Wheat tortillas from Mission...the burrito sized ones have like 5 net carbs per tortilla and I've been pretty happy with those....

BUT...always willing to try something new!!

Thank you in advance!

cayenne

Hello, I was wondering if you might elaborate on your "keto tortillas".....what brand are they?
Do you like them?

I've been using the Low carb Whole Wheat tortillas from Mission...the burrito sized ones have like 5 net carbs per tortilla and I've been pretty happy with those....

BUT...always willing to try something new!!

Thank you in advance!

cayenne

Here ya go. As you are aware when it comes to these Keto things we're at the mercy of the processor.

Do I like them? Yes, they have a good taste and nice texture. Are they as tasty as lard based flour, no--are they as good S a lightly heated corn? No
But for what they are, a keto certified food holster, pretty dam good

Last edited:
Jeanie used to tell my wife how great those beans are.
I've never been able to find them around here.
Looked em up. Those things are freaking expensive.
Cheapest way to get em is buy some seeds and grow em next year.

Here ya go. As you are aware when it comes to these Keto things we're at the mercy of the processor.

Do I like them? Yes, they have a good taste and nice texture. Are they as tasty as lard based flour, no--are they as good S a lightly heated corn? No

Not to hijack this thread, but I recently was turned on to Hero Bread Co., their zero net-carb tortillas are really good. The texture is about 99% the same as regular flour tortillas, maybe just a bit more "crumbly" but the taste is great. Not like that cardboard crap of other low carb stuff. Their bread is really good too. If you're lucky you can get them in a store near you, I have to order them online and it gets a bit expensive that way. But they're worth it for me.

I saw that site this AM when 16Adams started this thread because I know we can't get those here in FL. Shipping should be pretty reasonable, they use USPS Flat Rate shipping which is pretty economical for shipping heavy but relatively small items. Will check them out.

Cool...

Interesting...thanks for posting!!

I've not see those in particular before.

I've only seen the Mission Low 5 carb ones....

I wish they could come up with a low carb/keto type CORN tortilla!!!
:)

cayenne

My part is done, duties handed up to sister. Moms eye surgery successful, cataract removal with ioi. Pretty severe Type2 New she'd be hungry so made up some guacamole, grilled chicken keto tacos and observed post surgery for several hours. Made her up a goody bag and returned to her condo. Big sister taking over and I'm on call.

Last edited:
Jeanie used to tell my wife how great those beans are.
I've never been able to find them around here.
Looked em up. Those things are freaking expensive.
Cheapest way to get em is buy some seeds and grow em next year.

Yep. We go back way before the Brethren. Lena was an amazing person... :cool:
Send me a mailing address and I'd be happy to drop some anasazis in the mail to you Craig! The grocery stores carry them here!

Back