THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How funny is that lol. I found your channel last night without even seeing you post here. I follow so many BBQ pages that all I have in my recommended is BBQ videos.

That's very cool.... I'm glad to hear that LOL

I wouldn't consider anybody on here a wanna be for trying something new and attempting to be successful at it. I for one don't want to be like anybody other than the best version of myself. I started a channel to challenge myself. It may not do well, but hey...I did something to get out of my comfort zone.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Well said! I just subscribed to your channel.

It's a small world! I checked all the channels listed and the only one I had to sub to was kenrobin's channel.

That’s awesome! (*he says while buying eggs.) lol

I shot that video in one take and it was the first time trying that sandwich. I thought I would add cheese to make it better but the egg just slid off of it and I screwed it up. I wasn't gonna publish that video then someone on Facebook made one and it was worse than mine. They asked me to post it and it took off from there.

I still can't believe a crappy video has that many views compared to my others that I put work into.

It's a small world! I checked all the channels listed and the only one I had to sub to was kenrobin's channel.

I shot that video in one take and it was the first time trying that sandwich. I thought I would add cheese to make it better but the egg just slid off of it and I screwed it up. I wasn't gonna publish that video then someone on Facebook made one and it was worse than mine. They asked me to post it and it took off from there.

I still can't believe a crappy video has that many views compared to my others that I put work into.

Believe me, I understand that. You can find most of the videos I invested the most time or money into by sorting by views and looking at the stuff that got the fewest. lol.

That's what makes it fun though.

If I was you I would make similar content and see if it's a one time pop or an actual lane the algorithm wants you to stay in. Either way it's a good thing but youtube may have decided you are the "Egg guy" or the "breakfast guy" or the "sandwich guy" and will promote anything you do in that genre. I wouldn't expect that but I'd definitely test it because if that's the case, it's a cool opportunity.

Like most things,a few do well,the others play hell.I wish you all the best.I would enjoy it if I were not already busy trying to make a living.It is fine,if you have the time to devote to it,are independently wealthy,and love it.It becomes a job instead of a passion,you have to continually outperform all the other wannabes to make it work,believe me,there are plenty of wannabes out there,just follow this forum.Not hatin,just statin.

Perhaps you haven't seen my latest video where I'm eating more pig eyeballs.......it has 67 views and is quite well produced.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrnvB9sAw8

Or maybe my money muscle trimming video, which is very nice and has great music overlaid within.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgMvpxYxD0s

Thank you, Dave

I found my way back to BBQ a few months ago after a long hiatus, but because of your videos I just pulled the trigger on the Weber Summit Charcoal the other day (details of how notwithstanding).

No matter what happens, been impressed with your style of conveying positivity in the backyard craft. Ultimately, even if you get paid for this big or small, it is about having fun making something that we and those around us enjoy.

I found my way back to BBQ a few months ago after a long hiatus, but because of your videos I just pulled the trigger on the Weber Summit Charcoal the other day (details of how notwithstanding).

No matter what happens, been impressed with your style of conveying positivity in the backyard craft. Ultimately, even if you get paid for this big or small, it is about having fun making something that we and those around us enjoy.

This means alot to me. Thank you.

Believe me, I understand that. You can find most of the videos I invested the most time or money into by sorting by views and looking at the stuff that got the fewest. lol.

That's what makes it fun though.

If I was you I would make similar content and see if it's a one time pop or an actual lane the algorithm wants you to stay in. Either way it's a good thing but youtube may have decided you are the "Egg guy" or the "breakfast guy" or the "sandwich guy" and will promote anything you do in that genre. I wouldn't expect that but I'd definitely test it because if that's the case, it's a cool opportunity.

Lets test your theory, I made a new sandwich video and will promote it some on Facebook and maybe twitter. We should know in a week or so if YT is promoting it or me. I think it's gonna be a wash but you never know.

Just hit 900 Subs too, :clap:not bad for a egg video!!:loco::loco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjl7ciaziY&feature=youtu.be

And then there is Mark Wiens, who only travels, smiles and eats.
He doesn't cook squat - you see he is terrible with a knife....
He makes $2.5 mil a year from YT.

I've done my research and I've decided YouTube's algorithm for promoting content is one of life's biggest mysteries.

My channel is VERY new. What I consider my worst video has the most views up to this point. I just dont understand it.

I know posting certain times of certain days helps. I just havent quit figured it all out. Until I do, I'm just going to video what I like and hope others find it interesting or helpful if they happen to stumble across my channel.

I'm a Mark junkie along with a few other travel channels.
Check out my Coconut Crab Curry video from watching him eat, I had to make and it's the best thing you never ate.
https://youtu.be/7p5p2gFh-EI

If you want to see a cooking channel with crazy views, check out Quan Tran. He a fried chicken junkie. All he does is make videos, everyday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm73PXfodts&t=48s

I've done my research and I've decided YouTube's algorithm for promoting content is one of life's biggest mysteries.

My channel is VERY new. What I consider my worst video has the most views up to this point. I just dont understand it.

I know posting certain times of certain days helps. I just havent quit figured it all out. Until I do, I'm just going to video what I like and hope others find it interesting or helpful if they happen to stumble across my channel.

You need to do more than that. Use keywords from other popular videos of the same thing you're doing. Make eye catching thumbnails and try to keep the vids short. I cut down that grilled cheese video from 4 minutes to 2 just to keep peoples attention. Are you checking the analytics to see how long people watch your videos? People have a short attention span, they can't even watch a whole 1:45 video from the results of the egg hack.

I'n no expert but it's just things that I noticed. Also starting a new channel is hard compared to an established one. Even Mark Wiens can't get half the subscribers to view his new video in a week. He's got the benefit of YT promoting travel/food videos with his large subscriber base.

Hi guys, here's mine-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIwZTHMIGJBgNlm-5hGvt_82GLtJ_XkA0

BBQ Brethren is the first BBQ forum I joined when I caught the bug and I still frequent these pages and see lots of my favorite online BBQ folks on here that are on WKC and youtube channels I love watching for inspiration.

I've learned so much over the years thanks to the contributions of the online community, so much more than could ever be gleaned from a single cookbook.

Thanks for the forum!

Back