BBQ injuries????

I'm not sure if this counts, but I have frequently eaten so much Q that I have been unable to move for at least 12-14 hours on several occasions.

Wasn't sure if I needed to go to the ED...
That's crazy! I have done that but it usually goes away after an hour or so.

I'm gonna throw this advice out there...
never cook naked! I know we joke about nekkid fatties all the time but it sounds like a lot of us are the the reason for all the warning labels you see that make you say REALLY? No funny story but a lot of cookers are at just the right height to do some serious damage.

I have burned the hair off my arms opening my large BGE lid. Same for my BSK.
I have burned the heck out of my hands and arms stoking my big Klose Pit as well as cooking chicken quarters at Eagle Park.
I have burned the heck out of my palms of hands and forearms removing chicken pieces out of a 4" commercial restaurant pans picking pieces of chicken out of them.
And I thought the fire service was dangerous.

Been lucky and no cuts, but plenty of burns. Worst was on my wedding day. Started off with a cold beer about 6am when I started cooking. Plenty later I was placing splits on the BG'S firebox to preheat. Dropped one and hit my knee causing it to buckle. My hand closed holding a split went knuckle down on the firebox. Luckly I was good and numb at that point, didn't hurt till the next day!

Trimming some fat with a fish fillet knife on an icy spring morning. Slipped. Reached for my barn door with both hands so I wouldn't take a ****ter . One hand still had the knife in it. Poked it through my radial artery and had a good pumper going. Vascular surgeon in the ER was right off the boat from Italy, in a tan linen suit that probably rivaled my yearly income. He pulled off the pressure dressing as I was saying I wouldn't do that! I strafed him x3 from head to belt. I don't speak italian, but I certainly recognized some of those words!

Been lucky and no cuts, but plenty of burns. Worst was on my wedding day. Started off with a cold beer about 6am when I started cooking. Plenty later I was placing splits on the BG'S firebox to preheat. Dropped one and hit my knee causing it to buckle. My hand closed holding a split went knuckle down on the firebox. Luckly I was good and numb at that point, didn't hurt till the next day!

Im sorry. But thats funny

Trimming some fat with a fish fillet knife on an icy spring morning. Slipped. Reached for my barn door with both hands so I wouldn't take a ****ter . One hand still had the knife in it. Poked it through my radial artery and had a good pumper going. Vascular surgeon in the ER was right off the boat from Italy, in a tan linen suit that probably rivaled my yearly income. He pulled off the pressure dressing as I was saying I wouldn't do that! I strafed him x3 from head to belt. I don't speak italian, but I certainly recognized some of those words!

That sucks

.....done a number of the above items, including the 12~14 hr. immobile thing.................

....just try to stay prepared nowadays.....

LastSunAug2012143.jpg

MidJune2012TriTip001.jpg

Oh, and this happened once......

MailAttachment.jpg

Plenty of cuts and burns... lately I've been straining the s### out of my wallet... I bought a full aged prime packer:tsk: , and some dinosaur bones:shocked:

Lol. You are from the south. We do that all the time

Yup. I hear some people continue to do it even after they just about chop the end of their farking thumb off. Not saying I've done it, but...maybe if I just hold it a little lower down...:oops:

Hopefully you still have all 10 fingers.:becky:

I do - and hopefully soon the nerve endings in my thumb will be as they were. :thumb:

I'm gonna throw this advice out there...
never cook naked! I know we joke about nekkid fatties all the time but it sounds like a lot of us are the the reason for all the warning labels you see that make you say REALLY? No funny story but a lot of cookers are at just the right height to do some serious damage.

Yeah, I had a problem with a hibachi that was on the ground once. :bow:

I'm not sure if this counts, but I have frequently eaten so much Q that I have been unable to move for at least 12-14 hours on several occasions.

Wasn't sure if I needed to go to the ED...

ED is not a place but a medical condition. You may well have been experiencing ED, but I think you meant ER.:sick:

I was grilling up some food and my wife insisted on getting in on the action which is ok by me.

It got real interesting when she wanted to cook up some mushrooms and she put a 3 or 4" cast iron skillet on the grill. We were shooting the jive for I am not sure how many minutes when my wife suddenly reaches down and grabbed the skillet! :shock:

She immediately dropped it and I said to her, "Did it burn ya?". She said, "Nope just didn't take me long to look at it.". So the rest of the night was spent nursing her badly burnt hand with silvadine ( ?? ) creme.

On a side note, them mushrooms were mighty fine!! :razz:

Back