BBQ Brethren Cooking for 1000 Troops *We need your help!!**

Fellas, I really wish I could help out but do to circumstances I can not at this time. However, I do have Ad Blocker and was totally unaware that this hurt the bottom line as much. I will gladly shut it off for the Brethren site. I am 100% sorry I was not aware of this sooner.

Shutting it off now.

I have a little thing called High School graduation that weekend, else I would drive out there to help. What an incredible honor it would be to spend a couple of days serving those who serve and have served us.

No doubt the BBQ Brethren will wow them.

I gave what I could to help.

As of this writing $2,960 has been donated. I am going to make a bold prediction and say the goal of $3,000 will be met sometime today!

wow.. i am truly ovewhelmed. I checked in last night, 7:58PM and there was over $1500 in the fund. $1500 in less than 2 hours. holy crap.... I started yelling.. Holy $chit!.. multiple multiple times... My daugther in the room next to me had a fit, she thought something bad was happening.. came running into my office.. ARE YOU OK??.. and when i pointed at the screen.. she punched me. :twitch::boxing:

I was completely taken aback.. and humbly admit, very emotional. To see the outpouring of support in such a short timeframe was overwhelming and I can not thank everyone enough for helping us make this event the epic vent we are striving for. We are at $2900 and approaching our goal already which will help us purchase the meats. We are looking beyond that to see what else we can do for our troops now.

YOU FOLKS ROCK!! Thank you so much for helping us out. We have 5 more weeks to plan and new ideas come in every day. I was hesitant to do this at first, but the comments and PM's i'm receiving help me realize i did the right thing.. Thank you all again..and again. We're almost at our goal, and if we go over, all funds WILL BE USED FOR THE EVENT. We have time to add to the menu or plan other things. Its already brought out to do something for the World War II, Vietnam and Desert Storm vets that will be there as guests.

Jennifer Pinto, our primary contact with the USN made a comment last night that this is going to be epic, and the other 8 ships that are heading down river into Manhattan are going to be jealous.. My response.. BRING EM IN!! Whats another few thousand??.:loco::biggrin1:

Back