Bacon Cheese Dip

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
I have been curing bacon at home for several years now, but recently started letting them hang for a week or two at the end of the process in the curing chamber to let the flavor develop a bit more and it seems to improve the texture as well.

I had this misshapen slab ready to come out of the chamber.

I squared it up and a bit and thought I would use some of the trimmings for the bacon throwdown currently going on.

Fried 'em up.

Gave them a rough chop.

In they went with a mix of cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, worcestershire, onion powder, and a bit of the bacon grease.

Into the smoker on the top rack.

Moved it lower down as space freed up.

Done!

You could dip just about anything in it, but I went with a scoop on some toasted bread.

Made for a nice afternoon snack and good use of those trimmings.

Joe, can you give me an idea of what you have in a curing chamber? Your posts intrigue me and I really want to get into charcuterie. I'm just not a handy dude all the time, and I've had a hard time finding a chamber to purchase.

Wow it should be illegal to post something that looks as delicious as that.

I have been curing bacon at home for several years now, but recently started letting them hang for a week or two at the end of the process in the curing chamber to let the flavor develop a bit more and it seems to improve the texture as well.

So what do you mean, you let the meat rest for a week before slicing after you rinse off the brine?

You could put that on ice cream , mashed potatoes or hell you could eat it straight out of the cast iron for a quick pick me up

Back