THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
Name or Nickame
Bill
G'Day Lamb Lovers!

Every Year there's a new Ad for having Lamb on Australia Day. This one brings us all together! The Generation Gap | 2024 Lamb ad

So I managed to use my WGA for the first time up here on the Gold Coast :mrgreen:

Here it is... An original!
P-20240126-184238.jpg

These heat beads were all I had, but good enough for the job.
P-20240126-184250.jpg

What you are looking at here is a small butterflied leg of lamb. I thinned it out a bit more because I was doing more grilling on this thing than anything else.
P-20240126-184820.jpg

As you can see it grilled up very nicely.
P-20240126-191353.jpg

P-20240126-191408.jpg

Once it had enough colour, I put the lid on and dropped the air intakes for about 15 minutes just to get it cooked through.

After resting, it posed for a beauty shot.
P-20240126-193919.jpg

Then a sliced shot. It looks a little "over" here but actually was about right. My fellow diners don't like it too rare, so accommodating all tastes.
P-20240126-194015-EDIT.jpg

P-20240126-194120.jpg

I ate mine outside on the patio in 85 F heat, watching the Test Match in Brisbane.
P-20240126-194434.jpg

You can't get more Australian than that!

Cheers!

Bill

looks like you're settling in nicely. Looks like my kind of evening right there....just replace that cricket thingy with baseball :wink:

I'll remind you all that there is NO Fosters in Australia. Every time they try to bring it back, we don't like it. If they actually made it a premium lager like a Steinlager from NZ, then it might work but they keep putting the Fosters label on swill.

I like my lamb still with a pulse Bob!

And I like Baseball Adam. I like it a lot, and I can watch both. It does not have to be one or the other. Two very different games!

Cheers!

Bill

And I like Baseball Adam. I like it a lot, and I can watch both. It does not have to be one or the other. Two very different games!

Cheers!

Bill

I love learning about “new” sports. From rugby to cricket…I’ll always give it a chance. Admittedly, cricket has been challenging for me to pick up. Perhaps one day we’ll discuss over some brisket, whiskey and cigars.

I'll remind you all that there is NO Fosters in Australia. Every time they try to bring it back, we don't like it. If they actually made it a premium lager like a Steinlager from NZ, then it might work but they keep putting the Fosters label on swill.
I hope you know I'm kidding. :razz:

Back