Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers!

Juggy D Beerman

Full Fledged Farker
Today is the annual day where most of the BBQ related items are moved from the lawn and garden center and back into storage. Why do they do this on this day every year? Tomorrow is Labor Day and in Wal-Mart's eyes, that is the first day of the Christmas shopping season! Better grab what BBQ supplies you need today as the lawn and garden center will have Christmas items on the shelves where the BBQ items were once displayed. Charcoal is about the only BBQ items that remain, but they are not as varied in selection or quantity as they were before today.

FWIW, tomorrow I will make my annual trip to complain to the store's manager and chew him out for cramming a Christmas tree down my throat on Labor Day. I always make it a point to end our conversation by wishing him a Merry Christmas!

That sucks! Not usually a Wally shopper but they have the best price on PB pellets and wanted to stock up. Maybe I'll be lucky and some will remain like charcoal.

I was looking to get a new gasser soon anyway, so seen they had a KC Combo marked down to $450 from $798. They also had a Laredo 1000 marked down to $328 from $547 and a Austin XL Onyx marked down to $298 from $497. I got the KC Combo since it was the best deal, and i needed a new gasser anyway, and this came with a heavy duty cast iron griddle insert. I have a blackstone so i don't know which i will like better, but it does have 3 burners for a small footprint so it might actually be decent as a griddle.

EDIT: Oop's meant to post this in the Walmart Pit Boss thread.

No clearance items here.
Everything gets moved to the greenhouse.
And there is no restocking till spring.

No clearance items here.
Everything gets moved to the greenhouse.
And there is no restocking till spring.

Also, they had a Lexington marked down to $198 from $297.

But whats strange is i went to a different Walmart and they had that same Lexington model for $327, and they had a bunch of them, but when i check online which is listed cheaper, it says its not available at that Walmart.

So don't always go by the availability in store using the website or app.

Forget it. It's too late. BBQ season is over...:crazy:

If only more people would have that same attitude, there would be more inventory, and more on clearance.

There's a floor model Laredo that manager said will be marked down 90% from msrp ( $547 ), but i have to keep checking everyday till they are allowed to sell it.
Some lucky SOB is gonna get that for $54 bucks.

FWIW, tomorrow I will make my annual trip to complain to the store's manager and chew him out for cramming a Christmas tree down my throat on Labor Day. I always make it a point to end our conversation by wishing him a Merry Christmas!

So....you go out of your way to go to the store, just to complain with how the store is working? How delightful :mrgreen:

Not here...

Not here in New Orleans...not by a LONG shot.

Hell, it's been too freakin' hot here past few months to really be outdoors and do any serious BBQ'ing....

It's just getting started here...haha.

Justin, I do make an annual trip to see Wally on Labor Day. The store is less than two miles from my house so it is not a big deal to drive there. On Labor Day, I try to get charcoal as a reduced price as the employees are still moving items into storage. Since a reduced price must be approved by a manager, that is when my conversation takes place. Just once I have received charcoal at a discounted rate. After my offer for a reduced price is refused, I will make my complaint. Never have I had the "conversation" with the same manager. What else can I say to defend my quirky behavior? Oh I am retired and bored with nothing else better to do.........

I went into the local wally world today. This is Up North.. I saw a push cart loaded with BB chunk! I was excited. Would I be loading this in my car?

I asked an employee if it was on sale, season end close out? Nope. They just got it in, first time ever. He says they don't shut down the grilling section. It was 14.97 for 20 lbs.

This store has a small grilling section and almost no grills (just some boxed small grills).

Speaking of Walmart, I had a brisket to cook this weekend, at kind of last minute I remembered that I was out of firewood, and didn't have time to either find and go get, or take delivery of a rick of wood.

I know the economies of buying ANY of the packaged grilling logs is very poor but I was in a pinch. Searching between Academy, The blue box store and the orange box store I found that Walmart's "Expert Grill Hickory Mini Smoking Logs" was by far the best value. 1.5 cu ft. for less than the other stores had .75 cu ft. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Expert-G...ng-Logs-1-5-Cubic-feet/396919905?from=/search

The logs were all cut uniform length, about perfect for my smoker and were sized well. I had to split about half of them but the rest were good to burn as is.

The box said that the wood is kiln dried and I was worried about it being a bit too dry and burning up too quick as I've had happen with other kiln dried wood, but it was actually just right. I'll try to get a rick of wood this week, but if you find yourself in a pinch, give these a try, a pretty decent product at a better price than what else is availalble.

They do that here to the garden section. Still have some cookin stuff in there though. Movin the garden stuff sucks for me cause I garden year round. And so do a lot of other people!

Back