Mama's gone!

locolobo

is one Smokin' Farker
This past Sunday I took Mrs. Lobo to the airport. She'll be in the Philippines for a month visiting family, some who are not in good health. I can't go because It's birthing time for the goats and I still have one doe to do her thing. (That's my story and I'm stickin to it)

Anyway, I'm here, by myself, getting to do whatever the #e!! I want to do.
Now I think I have said before, Momma don't want me in HER kitchen. She is the master in HER kitchen and can't stomach my cooking for some reason. That's fine with me as she is a VERY GOOD cook.

Well, things have changed. At least for a little while. So while I'm bachin' I think I'll be posting some of my cooks.
Another thing is that I am on an intermittent fasting program on which I eat every other day, so You may not see me on Q-talk every day but I will post my cooks. Without pics as I'm still Tech challenged. One of these days I may be able to use some of the new $#!t that has been thrust upon me, but not yet.
Jump to the present ( future actually, tomorrow). I pulled a 3.2 lb cabbage head outta the garden today. It was time and it had'ta go. Plans for it? Dinner tomorrow. 1/4 of it will be cabbage soup. Picked up some "pork ribs" @ HEB, The cheap with lots'a fat on it kind. Gonna sear about 4 of 'em and put 'em in a pot with the cabbage. Throw in some peppercorns, a few garlic cloves and some Slap Ya Mamma and maybe some red chile peppers I ground up from last years garden, along with some carrots , radishes and peas, also outta the garden, along with the ribs and slow cook 'em for a couple hours. Sounds good to me. I'll let y'all know when I'm done eatin!

The rest of the cabbage head, I plan on tryin out a sauerkraut recipe. I love sauerkraut but Momma can't stand it. So I've never tried to make any. Always ate it outta a can. Buuuttttt, She ain't here! Gonna throw that together tomorrow also. Seems simple enough and It'll be gone before she gets back if it turns out right. Goin with $#!t I read off the net so I'm keepin my fingers crossed.
So, anyways, hopin you guys will enjoy my epicurean journey and wish me luck along with prayers that I don't poison myself.

Someone's havin’ way to much fun! And the rest of us are just sitting here, jealous... lol. Look forward to seeing pics :)

Can you 'splain your IF schedule? Just wondering if it's one day on, one day off or something totally different. I'm doing OMAD and it's working pretty well.

Hey Loco I see how you get your name but Dude! You were skinny when we met not so long ago at the South Texas Bash. It was Great to meet your Lovely Bride and her family there. Why not drive North for the North Texas Bash coming soon? Road Trip! I'm farther away than you and looking forward to it! Here's the link if you can make it and I'll Guarantee you will have a Great time.

Here is the link and have some fun! Drive over!

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300973

That goes for all who my want to come. Nothing like a BBQ Brethren Bash. Come see April 22nd.

Can you 'splain your IF schedule? Just wondering if it's one day on, one day off or something totally different. I'm doing OMAD and it's working pretty well.
Theoretically It's eatin every other day. But I'm not real strict on Not eating on my "day off". I may have a little snack sometime during the day and/or usually a small, for me, salad @ dinnertime. Wife likes for me to be present during dinnertime and for some reason She's against this fasting thing anyway. Says it's not good for me. But, that's the reason the body stores energy, for the times when a body does not get nourishment. So the body can adjust.
Hap, I was once up around 200 lbs with bad knees. Got the knees fixed and the ortho doc said I still needed to lose weight to "preserve the lifespan of the implants". Family Doc told me that with my height & body structure I should be @ about 160. I've spent the past 2 years on the intermittent fasting to lose about 35 lbs. Been stuck @ 165 for about 6 months now so the IF is keepin me kinda where I need ta be.

Daughter kinda threw a kink in my dinner with cabbage plans for the evening, Seems they are doing crawfish and I'm invited. An invite I can't pass up. Thinkin About doin it today anyway though. Soup is supposed to be even better the second day right?

So how was that second/third day soup? And yes, I agree, soup is always better after it sits and melds together for 24hours. There are a few rare exceptions (miso soup comes to mind).

I was once up around 200 lbs

I was once DOWN around 200 lbs. Friends and neighbors would quietly whisper to the wife asking if I had cancer or something...

im-not-fat-big-boned.gif

So how was that second/third day soup? And yes, I agree, soup is always better after it sits and melds together for 24hours. There are a few rare exceptions (miso soup comes to mind).

Wasn't bad. Needed a little spicin up and not enough meat in it for my taste. But there was enough for 2 meals and last night I finished it up. Threw a few more of the cheap, fatty ribs in the air fryer with plenty of Tony's on it. Added the results to the soup and simmered it for a little while and much better.

And for those who were asking about the intermittent fasting thing, In the past (almost) 2 weeks I am down to the 160 my Doc wants me @. Will see how it goes when chief cook gets back!

Back