THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A nice feature of the direct heat boxes versus drums is the firebox access doors for adding fuel and clean up as well as shelves. I know some drums have access doors but most of them don't seem to.

I will give a shout out for 1904 pits. My business purchased this one last year for cooking sausage patties for a breakfast fundraiser. It is fire brick lined on the lower section and really produces a long consistent burn. We went with them as they were nearby and we wanted to support a local small business.

Well, drums have been around for a while and a lot of people use them as direct fire cookers. I've had a PBC for around seven years and have cooked some great food on it.

Last year I bought a Hasty Bake Roughneck and it does basically the same thing except having the side door to add fuel if need be which I have never had to do because it has a huge fire basket. It also has a second level as well as a heat shield if you don't want direct heat. It's been a great smoker so far.

Well, drums have been around for a while and a lot of people use them as direct fire cookers. I've had a PBC for around seven years and have cooked some great food on it.

Last year I bought a Hasty Bake Roughneck and it does basically the same thing except having the side door to add fuel if need be which I have never had to do because it has a huge fire basket. It also has a second level as well as a heat shield if you don't want direct heat. It's been a great smoker so far.

What are you thoughts on the Roughneck so far? Do you find yourself using the deflector much?

I hadn’t thought about it but I think you’re right. I do seem to be seeing a lot more of the design around recently. Whether it will catch on here like some of the other’s of the past, not sure. I will say this is one that I personally will pass on.

Probably…. No, definitely…..

Hmmm, maybe should not spend a lot of time watching cooks here for a while

Back