THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hey all,
He's pushing it pretty hard. Make big claims about it being balanced, NOT salt forward like Holy Voodo, and not overly sweet, w/ just a little back end kick.
Sounds good.
I like Meat Church rubs.
I'm def gonna try it.
Anyone here use it yet? If so, on what & what did you think?
JD

I picked up a bottle the other day at his town square store - going to use tomorrow on a 5 pound boneless turkey breast - will let you know how it turns out

I just saw the new rub mentioned a day or two ago and I will definitely try it. I'm a big fan of their products, also. I will be watching for the verdict on the turkey breast.

I am not going to try it - seems most of his rubs are similar with one having more sugar, more pepper, or more salt. Otherwise similar profiles. Good flavor, just similar to me.

Wife's favorite rub is gospel which is pretty good but I don't see a need to carry much from his line.

I'd also try the OG, SuckleBusters Sugar Daddy, if you are looking for a big sweet hit. It's is made with fruit sugars, molasses and honey powder. Good rub to cook with and add to you fav rub, but also makes a great competition finishing dust by grinding into a fine powder and sprinkle just before serving. :mrgreen:

Back