THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's why some things are called "Ethnic Food" ---you don't really like it----but when you eat it it reminds you of Grandma. So you eat it. Why do you think I wear this kilt, blow on the bagpipes and actually eat "Haggis"?

I am gonna cook some Chitlins in your honor and set it on the table with a sign sayin' BBS

Dude - if you can play the bagpipe and actually bring it with you and play it, I'm 100% in.

I am sure you will hear the pipes. I have played for over 40 years. Former Pipe Major of 2 different bands and have played for Ronald Reagan, Queen Elizabeth back in 83, and for GW Bush in Houston 2001. After an all night bash--usually the pipes are not popular for reveille.

Our Oinktoberfest menu is growing: Carnitas, pork adobo, Bacon Brittle, pig candy, Wabo Eggs,and Ham in the morning with dutch oven biscuits and red eye gravy. As more people RSVP we will have more recipes being smoked, grilled, or other outdoor cooking methods

I am sure you will hear the pipes. I have played for over 40 years. Former Pipe Major of 2 different bands and have played for Ronald Reagan, Queen Elizabeth back in 83, and for GW Bush in Houston 2001. After an all night bash--usually the pipes are not popular for reveille.

Our Oinktoberfest menu is growing: Carnitas, pork adobo, Bacon Brittle, pig candy, Wabo Eggs,and Ham in the morning with dutch oven biscuits and red eye gravy. As more people RSVP we will have more recipes being smoked, grilled, or other outdoor cooking methods

Wow, this is really coming together. Put me down for smoked cabbage and Peach cobbler.

Chuckwagon, can I use one of your dutch ovens?

TK you have to come. I want to see you do a shot out of a Jap again!!

Brian----the antique chuck wagon will be there. We will have plenty of dutch ovens.
There will be numerous smokers. We will have other oudoor cooking devices to play with such as "Pie-Irons" etc. I can arrange to pick you up at Sacramento airport on the 9th or even 10th. I am scared about having you show up---there is a big Military Surplus place right next door with rocket launcher trucks and such.

SOLD!! I'm in - 100%. WIll shoot for a 9th mid-day arrival - just gotta watch my days off - been taking a little bit too many fishing days. Brian - PM me off line. I"m thinking if you can find a way to Valencia or thereabouts off I5, I'll pick yer sorry ass up on the way to save you some flight $$.

if you relieve me the duty of haulin' a "Rocket Scientist " around I will find some legal fishin somewhere. Fish fryin outta fit in with Oinktoberfest. I think that Yelonutz is conspiring with a local brewery. We may have some "Sierra Nevada Beer battered sumthin"

Brian----. I am scared about having you show up---there is a big Military Surplus place right next door with rocket launcher trucks and such.

Oh Yea Baby!! I better bring some extra cash.

SOLD!! I'm in - 100%. WIll shoot for a 9th mid-day arrival - just gotta watch my days off - been taking a little bit too many fishing days. Brian - PM me off line. I"m thinking if you can find a way to Valencia or thereabouts off I5, I'll pick yer sorry ass up on the way to save you some flight $$.

Pm Sent!! NO flight expense means gas money!!:-D

Brian, I can pick you up if needed. Realize that it would mean a ride in the "Nutzmobile"!
NUTZ

Thanks and I appreciate the offer. I should be coming up with TK.

Be afraid Brian. Be very very afraid. I think Capt. Grumpy was the last person to ride in the Nutzmobile.

Maybe I should count my blessings that I don't have to go in the Nutzmobile!!:mrgreen:

Is it to early to start the countdown. 3 1/2 months to go.

If you guys want to sleep "under the stars" bring along about a gallon of DEET. Its mosquito season up here and they are our "National Bird". There are local motels, camping and I have a spare room at my house (real close to the Sierra Nevada Brewery!)

NUTZ

If you guys want to sleep "under the stars" bring along about a gallon of DEET. Its mosquito season up here and they are our "National Bird". There are local motels, camping and I have a spare room at my house (real close to the Sierra Nevada Brewery!)

NUTZ

Sleeping bag and mosquito netting. I do have a tent somewhere in the house. Although Nutz a room close to a brewery sounds mighty good.:mrgreen:
Usually we don't get much sleep at one of these Bash's though. :rolleyes:

The Northern California "Oinktoberfest" Bash on Oct 9, 10, and 11th will be held at "River Reflections R. V. Park & Campground" The park is located at 4360 Pacific Heights Road, Oroville, CA 95965. The website is www.rvparkresorts.com and the phone number is 530-533-1995.

I have reserved the "Group Tent" area but not reserved any RV spaces. You can reserve your own RV spaces or contact me.

Texas has a "Mega Bash----we are gonna have a "Kegga Bash"

Back