Any Interest in a Northern California Bash

The Northern California/ State of Jefferson Brethren Oinktoberfest Bash will be held on Oct 10th and 11th in Oroville, California. Some folks may stay over on Monday as it is Columbus Day. The park has RV spots, tent camping, and bathrooms with showers. Motels are within 2 miles. The park is located on the Feather River next to Hwy 70. More details to follow

My family reunion is October 10th so i will not be able to attend. I will try to make my way up there for the day on the 11th.

That being said is there someone in Sacramento area or south who can pick Brian in So Cal up at the Sacramento Airport and take him to the bash. I was going to, but will not be able to now.

If Brian gets as close as Sacramento---we will figure out a way to pick him up. Hope to see you here on Sunday Larry. Is that the reunion that you are cooking the pig ?

For our Oinktoberfest on Oct 10th and 11th we are going to attempt to cook pork in every way possible. If you have any different ideas let us know. We will have numerous smokers---unlimited dutch ovens, and deep fryers. Any ideas or recipes?
Ethnic recipes?

Any brethren that would like to participate are welcome. The Bash is going to be in Oroville, Ca. We are approx 1 hour north of Sacramento---! 1/2 hours south of Redding, 2 1/2 hours from Reno, Nv and 5 hours from Medford, Or

For our Oinktoberfest on Oct 10th and 11th we are going to attempt to cook pork in every way possible. If you have any different ideas let us know. We will have numerous smokers---unlimited dutch ovens, and deep fryers. Any ideas or recipes?
Ethnic recipes?

Any brethren that would like to participate are welcome. The Bash is going to be in Oroville, Ca. We are approx 1 hour north of Sacramento---! 1/2 hours south of Redding, 2 1/2 hours from Reno, Nv and 5 hours from Medford, Or

Chitterlings :twisted:

Ethnic recipes?

I'm confused - is this 'the' bash that Larry orignally queried the group about?

Big Brother Smoke----what is the process for cooking chitterlings? It would only take you about 7 hours to get up here and show us. We can provide any equipment that you might need. Would be great to meet you.

Yes, see posts 5 and 7 on the first page.

NUTZ

Thanks NUTZ. I must have missed those posts. Count me in at about 75% right now. Is anything going on the 9th or is 10th the physical arrival day? Anyone familiar with fishing the feather river in those parts at that time of year? Might be a little early for steelhead.

Big Brother Smoke----what is the process for cooking chitterlings? It would only take you about 7 hours to get up here and show us. We can provide any equipment that you might need. Would be great to meet you.

You don't want to meet BBS!!! :mrgreen:

P.S. BBS, Thanks for the tip on the recipe site.

Tommykendall----I am sure that some people will be arriving on Friday, Oct 9th. I will be there for sure on the 9th. I will find out about fishing in October. I know that salmon fishing has been cancelled this year.

Man, I ain't cooking chitterlings, I hate the damn things and the smell! I was being ...well funny!:shock::biggrin:

Hey brian, fark U and U are welcome:biggrin::tongue:

That's why some things are called "Ethnic Food" ---you don't really like it----but when you eat it it reminds you of Grandma. So you eat it. Why do you think I wear this kilt, blow on the bagpipes and actually eat "Haggis"?

I am gonna cook some Chitlins in your honor and set it on the table with a sign sayin' BBS

Back