Aguachiles in the ABQ!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
I blame a multitude of you for putting this in my head.

For my own adventure into the field, I chose this recipe as my guide.

Andy and others covered the basics. There's not much to it. Marinate the shrimp in lime juice and a bit of salt. Maybe do a quick pickle of some thinly sliced red onion. Build a simple marinade with chiles, garlic, cilantro, salt, and lime juice.

Give it all time to work together and "cook."

Peeled a pound of 21-whatever shrimp.

XiHkB92l.jpg

Sliced 'em in half, deveined them, added enough freshly squeezed lime juice to cover them (or most of them... that's a lot of lime juice!) and hit 'em with a good grind of pink Himalayan sea salt [sic].

VgMIxNFl.jpg

After a while, I added the marinade - lime juice, cilantro, elephant garlic, jalapeño pepper, and salt. Topped the lot with sliced radish and added the quick pickled onions.

UiZ7z87l.jpg

Goes great on a good tortilla chip with a thin slice/chunk of avocado.

xnB7lUcl.jpg

Munchkin still not a big fan of shrimp (whose child IS this!?)... but I also grabbed some prepared Carne Asada at El Super today. Made her a couple of tacos instead. "Best dinner ever, Dad" floated out of the living / dining room area. :icon_blush:

Hug your loved ones, folks. Won't get too deep, but we're -1 in the fold. Long time coming.

Kick some tail this week. Thin blue and kind regards.

Love aguachiles! Tonybel was the one (well, were the ones - there's 2 in that name) who turned me on to that stuff. Fanfarkingtastic!
Thanks for the reminder on the loved ones - sending thoughts to you and yer crew.

Hope you all are staying safe.

We are. Thanks, Jeanie. The wind is ridiculous out there. Temps are dropping fast. I'm literally in gym shorts and sandals now, but I've got to go hunt for my coat to go to work early tomorrow (in the 40s :shock:).

Folks up in CO are getting snow after record-setting high temps just a few days ago.

Mother Nature's been hitting the bottle rather hard as of late, methinks.

Marc, that looks great, thanks for the post because I like through the seafood posts. wife is highly allergic to any seafood, so I dont get to eat it any more. But a post like this sure goes a long way in my heart and mind!!
Your family is in my prayers.

We are. Thanks, Jeanie. The wind is ridiculous out there. Temps are dropping fast. I'm literally in gym shorts and sandals now, but I've got to go hunt for my coat to go to work early tomorrow (in the 40s :shock:).

Folks up in CO are getting snow after record-setting high temps just a few days ago.

Mother Nature's been hitting the bottle rather hard as of late, methinks.

That looks delicious, Marc. And yes Mother Nature is definitely hitting the bottle. Probably MD2020.

Back