THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mismith

Name or Nickame
Michael
Thought you all might like to see the upgrade I just finished on our Jambo Backyard. I’m just a self taught hobby welder and this is my first real project with the Miller 211. Please be kind:-D

I sourced the spindle kit from Irvin Smith in Concord, NC. I work in Concord so I was able to go pick this up in person. I found out after I got there that this is the kit Jamie uses. They have been selling him this kit for years they said.
https://www.irvansmith.com/scart/irvansmith-is6hd001-heavy-duty-front-rear-spindle-wagon-p-517.html

I got the cart wheels for $100 from a local cart dealer. I did have to get new tires but eBay was way cheaper than any local shop.

I got the tubing for the axles at a local metal dealer and used some scrap metal I had for the handle.

My design required longer tie rods than the Irvin kit came with. I was able to source longer ones cheap at speedway motors online.

Pulls like a dream now and will be easy to load on trailer on occasion.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

Last edited:
Good job, the welds look great. That's a heck of a garage/workshop you've got there!

Good idea that you designed the handle to be removable when not in use. :clap2:

YOWZER,,,,some nice work right there
I would say that you can lay down a bead quite nicely
I wish I could,,,LOL

Fantastic! I want to become friends with your golf cart dealer if you picked up those wheels for a Benjamin.

Fantastic! I want to become friends with your golf cart dealer if you picked up those wheels for a Benjamin.

LOL! Yes they were take offs that he had laying in a corner. Another local dealer also had a set of 12” mags that were take offs also for $100. Just check around, used take off cart wheels can usually be bought dirt cheap.

If anyone needs any detailed info. or measurements etc. on what I did just ask. I’ll be glad to share.

Thanks for the good comments! And yes I have a C10 problem! The ‘67 definitely needs a new home!

Last edited:
Back