Adding golf cart wheels to an offset smoker

funstuie

Knows what a fatty is.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Stu
I have a workhorse pits 1969 and it’s heavy, very heavy. I should have ordered it with the cart but alas here we are.

Does anyone have a guide to adding golf cart wheels. I’m no looking to make it off-road just add bigger wheels to make it more manoeuvrable.

PHP:
I have a workhorse pits 1969 and it’s heavy, very heavy. I should have ordered it with the cart but alas here we are.

Does anyone have a guide to adding golf cart wheels. I’m no looking to make it off-road just add bigger wheels to make it more manoeuvrable.

What kind of wheels does it have now? Pics?

I don't know of any guides, but many have done it, and I've seen some use a 5th spindle as the steering mechanism. I had 8" casters all around on one and it was a bit difficult to move so we swapped in two 5-bolt trailer spindles and a couple cheap 13" or 14" trailer wheels (26" diameter) on the back only. Made it a lot easier to roll around, and it's easy to sort of pop wheelies over obstructions to the casters. It was a fairly cheap and easy fix.

LSG makes a kit. If it fits the yers, I wouldn't know. May be worth a call fer info. I would have my dimensions ready prior ta the call, after all...how hard is it ta punch a hole through steel plate when it's yer bread and butter?

-D

The places that lfft's carts replace's front steering,spindels,tires and wheels. They sell old ones for $100-$175 which has everything you need for 2 tires. You can buy used rear lawn tractor axles w/wheels and tires for $30-$40 each wheel. A shop would probably torch them off and sell 4 for $100

Back