A picture is worth a thousand words (ultimate pron)

new-england-style-hot-dog-buns-7849892.jpg

I never really noticed until I started assembling my menu ideas (mostly burgers an dogs) for the MKT Project. . But you cannot get these sum bytches in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now in my opinon, some of the best dogs I ever had were in New England towns. Those foot long dogs, somewhat roasted, or even slow simmered first, then roasted, then split to have their insides grilled a bit. But that bun... toasted on each side... making a crunch and a snap when you bite into it. Uggghh!

PizzaHotdogsCTroadtrip_10.jpg

This is a Connecticut Split Dawg.... another way to take a wiener and get an extra dimension of flavor.

Last edited:
Does anyone else eat peanut butter and hotdogs?? My mother got me hooked on them with I was little and I have spread the word far and wide. have never met anyone who gave them the time of day who didn't like em'. They are best 2 at a time sliced down the middle with a thick layer of CRUNCHY peanut butter on regular sandwich bread.

:thumb:

I never really noticed until I started assembling my menu ideas (mostly burgers an dogs) for the MKT Project. . But you cannot get these sum bytches in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are hard to find up here, too. There is one store locally that carries them, but not consistently.

Does anyone else eat peanut butter and hotdogs?? My mother got me hooked on them with I was little and I have spread the word far and wide. have never met anyone who gave them the time of day who didn't like em'. They are best 2 at a time sliced down the middle with a thick layer of CRUNCHY peanut butter on regular sandwich bread.

:thumb:

No, but one of my brothers used to eat peanut butter, bologna and ketchup sammies.:shock:

Back