A picture is worth a thousand words (ultimate pron)

I'm thinking, whioe grain mustard, some relish, need jalapeño cheddar under the wiener and we are at a decent base.
You guys are gonna hammer me for this, but mayo on a dog rocks. So do fresh pinto beans. But then we gotta go I to the grilled onions and jalapeño realm. You guys good with that?
Why, yes. Yes I am.
Ever since you posted this...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161624

:mrgreen: :thumb::thumb:

Carolina boy here. My regular dogs come in two flavors. "All the way" and "All the way no chili". All the way is chili slaw onions and mustard in NC.

However, I do enjoy caramelized onions and kraut on them from time to time. Mmmmmmmm.

Ron you missed the sport peppers for a real Chicago dog.

Yeah... I must have been out of them, because they are normally on there!

Is this better?

P6250097.JPG

Okay, let's try this.....how would you top that dog? Trying to keep in QT:shock:

That one? Mustard, chili, and shredded cheddar. Looks like it can use all the help it can get. If it were grilled, mustard, ketchup, and relish.

If I were starting from scratch, I'd ditch that wimpy hot dog and grill up some brats, or an Elgin beef sausage which would then get spicy mustard and get shoved in my face.

I'm thinking, whioe grain mustard, some relish, need jalapeño cheddar under the wiener and we are at a decent base.
You guys are gonna hammer me for this, but mayo on a dog rocks. So do fresh pinto beans. But then we gotta go I to the grilled onions and jalapeño realm. You guys good with that?

I usually saute thin slice onion slices in my cast iron pan. Butter and about 2 hour of low heat carmelize the heck outta them. I like ketchup, mustard onions and pickle relish on my dogs. I also toast the heck outta the bun.

Mayo or salad dressing is also awesome on dogs as well as fries and burgers with those awesome onions.

P.S. We love to fry our hot dogs in a cast iron pan with butter.:mrgreen:

My hotdog sauce. Which consists of sauteed, thinly sliced, onions (1 extra large), 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes (broken up as they cook) and a bottle of Crystal hot sauce. After the sauce is on, mustard is applied.

I usually steam the dogs/brats/sausage in beer with a couple of crushed garlic cloves added. No Butt or Buttwipe, thankyou.

taylor-swift-diet.jpg

Taypor Swift.... in need of someone to scribble their hot mustard all over her.

Last edited:
Back