A new pit... the M48

sweet looking unit.

quick question, is there a grease drain? looked at the website and didn't see one.

A quick question. If you are using the M48 as a grill, does the food have direct access to the coals? I'm trying to determine if the heat deflector always sits between the grill grate and the coals.

I hope my question makes sense!

Thanks.

A quick question. If you are using the M48 as a grill, does the food have direct access to the coals? I'm trying to determine if the heat deflector always sits between the grill grate and the coals.

I hope my question makes sense!

Thanks.

The grilling grate inside the pit has direct access to the food grates. So there is nothing separating it just like any other grill. If you look in the photo, the bottom grate on the left is the grate that can be used for grilling. This portion of the grate is fully adjustable by the hand crank on the front of the grill. The baffle is right under this grate (at its lowest position) which separates the firebox from the main cooking chamber.

img3254.jpg

sweet looking unit.

quick question, is there a grease drain? looked at the website and didn't see one.

This particular one doesn't. We can add one in if a customer prefers. For typical backyard smoking, I prefer to just place an aluminum pan as a water/grease tray. There is plenty of room on the baffle to add large pans. I`ll even cover the baffle with aluminum foil to make clean out very easy and change it out after every couple of cooks. That's just something I have always done and it's worked out great for me. If a customer was going to do a ton of cooking, I can see putting one in. So it's an option.

I really like the design of these smokers. Will MGrills be making another smoker larger than the M1, but smaller than the M48? I am also wondering whether a BBQ Guru port might be a future modification to the M1? Thanks a bunch!

I just shot this little walk around video of the M48 yesterday before we crate this one up for the customer. This one is headed to California.

One noticeable thing on this grill is we built the firebox on the right side with the hand crank on the left. The customer wanted it this way due to his patio layout. We also put bigger casters on it to make it roll a bit easier over rougher terrain as he plans to move this thing around from the backyard to his front from time to time.

I really like this cooker. It comes with a hefty price tag of $5500, but with all of the work put into the M48 and its endless possibilities.. its really a great price if you need a larger version of our M1. I`ll eventually come out with a 34" or so version, but we are very busy at the moment getting ready for the State Fair of Texas so it won't be until next year.

The M48 will be on my website very soon. Its available for purchase now so if anyone decides to pull the trigger, just send me an email.

Btw, The M48 has 2 port holes on each side for using a BBQ Guru or any temp probe. On the M1, we just run the temp probe out of the vent opening on the lid.

[ame]https://youtu.be/esy73x-fwtM[/ame]

Last edited:
Back