500 Gallon Reverse Flow Build

I have enjoyed reading this thread and admiring all the pics and handiwork.

I've always wanted a cooker like this, and hoped that one day me and my dad could work on one together.I'm broke and he just passed away earlier this month. Maybe one day I can do this and make my son help.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad about 5 years ago, we built a cooker together about 15 years ago, it was terrible but the experience led me to this point.

Dropped it off at the blaster/painter this afternoon. Can't wait to see what it will look like but also nervous that I did enough to make it look nice.

Dropped it off at the blaster/painter this afternoon. Can't wait to see what it will look like but also nervous that I did enough to make it look nice.

Home stretch!!!!!!! What kind of paint/primer are you going with?

You have blown thru this build man! What kind of time table did th painter give ya?

He didn't give me one and I didn't ask, he said he'd fit it in. Not sure if that means this week or a month, if it gets to be Friday and I haven't heard back, I'll shoot him an email.

tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500.gif

Here it is, pretty happy with it. Couple of spots that I missed with the flap disc that you can see now with paint on it. Planning to season it tonight. Guy lives on a gravel road, so these pictures show a little dust, didn't have time to wipe it off.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back