THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

absolutely love my twin 26.75's!!! Reaally want a rotisserie for one of them, and I convinced weber to send me a third lid because of a few scratches from shipping...in search of a stainless 85 gallon drum to make a monster UDS!

Dang, :decision: Sure would like one of those 26.75.

These are not my designs,but I saved them from somewhere.
IMG_4252-1.jpg

BBQKettletable.jpg

I just put a 26.75 on order and I should have it in 5 days or so. I may have to do that table idea!

Had mine for a little better that a year. Added Craycort CI grates and I fabbed up a charcoal grate out of the finer mesh 1/2x16 gage expanded metal with a 2 inch lip to keep hot coals away from the kettle walls.

Love the 26. Only mod I made was to add a matching handle to the front of the lid. Cooked 11 leg quarters and 12 burgers at the same time last night at work.

Ok guys here is my setup , 26 otg , craycort CI cooking grates and craycort 18" ci charcoal grate, the 18" drops the charcoal even lower and able to put a 3rd grate in between the cooking and charcoal , the smokenator, i seen alot of posts knocking the smokenator , i'm sorry guys its a must have on the 26, the party Q from bbq guru ,these mods combined on the 26 is mind blowing results finished 1st in 2 contests in pennsylvania and you should have seen the faces on those guys with their 10,000 smokers faces went from laughs and chuckles to moans and groans as i was packing my stuff back up in my 1985 buick lesabre :twisted:

Ok guys here is my setup , 26 otg , craycort CI cooking grates and craycort 18" ci charcoal grate, the 18" drops the charcoal even lower and able to put a 3rd grate in between the cooking and charcoal , the smokenator, i seen alot of posts knocking the smokenator , i'm sorry guys its a must have on the 26, the party Q from bbq guru ,these mods combined on the 26 is mind blowing results finished 1st in 2 contests in pennsylvania and you should have seen the faces on those guys with their 10,000 smokers faces went from laughs and chuckles to moans and groans as i was packing my stuff back up in my 1985 buick lesabre :twisted:

"But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"

A year or so back I saw a post on The Weber Virtual Bulletin Board where someone had fabricated a beautiful Performer Platinum style wing table set up for a 26.75". Sadly the post is quite old and I'm not having much luck with their site search.

Well, I did it. I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a 26.75" OTG. Unfortunately, my work schedule will not allow me to fire it up until Friday. :frown:

Has anyone tried the Nomex lid mod in the tvwbb link? It seems like a good idea.

Well, I did it. I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a 26.75" OTG. Unfortunately, my work schedule will not allow me to fire it up until Friday. :frown:

Has anyone tried the Nomex lid mod in the tvwbb link? It seems like a good idea.
You're gonna love it. I bought mine a few weeks back and my only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner. I haven't had a reason for the Nomex, so I have not tried it. I don't have any air leaks and I haven't used it for anything but high heat. I love the extra space. I'm sure you will too.

When I bought my Red 1992 Performer last December, the lid was kinda banged up and leaked in a bunch of places. I put the Nomex ring around the lid and it stopped ALL of the leaking. I wouldn't do it if it didn't leak. I'm not sure why you would need to do this on a new unit. Mine was 21 years old.

Follow-up: So a week after I bought my 26'er, I open up the box to assemble it only to discover that the lid was partially crushed in shipment. I searched HomeDepot.com trying to find a store with one in inventory for Memorial Day weekend. I found one and was able to exchange my damaged one.

So yesterday I FINALLY get to fire up my new pit. This. Pit. is. Awesome.

Here is what I threw on for it's maiden voyage:

16 MOINK Balls
36 Wings
2 links of Boudin
5 links of Brisket Sausage
4 links of Bison/Jalapeno Sausage
4 skewers of Beef Tips and Mushrooms
6 hot dogs

picture.php

All that and I only used one chimney of charcoal.

I am very happy.

David

Back