Bushing for thermometer probes?

bonehead762

Full Fledged Farker
I’ve been working on the Weber Performer for my brother. Build progress pics soon.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a bushing made to allow the insertion of thermometer probes into the kettle? Is there another way to use thermometer probes with a kettle that doesn’t include running them under the edge of the lid?

Thanks very much.

I don't know about any bushings. I'd just drill a small hole maybe 1/4" where you want the probe wires to pass thru.

I’ve been working on the Weber Performer for my brother. Build progress pics soon.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a bushing made to allow the insertion of thermometer probes into the kettle? Is there another way to use thermometer probes with a kettle that doesn’t include running them under the edge of the lid?

Thanks very much.

Weld in a threaded bung? Pick one to match the thread size on your thermometer.

https://www.mcmaster.com/weld-bungs/low-pressure-iron-and-steel-threaded-pipe-fittings/

I put these on all of my smokers in 2019 and they work great! They are the ones Weber puts on their Smokey mountain smokers.

They were $9 for two grommets on Amazon.

Look up: 2 Pack Thermometer and Probe Grommet for Grills - Compatible with Weber Smokey Mountain Cookers and More - Compare to Replacement 85037 - by Impresa

21i9T+5t-tL._AC_.jpg

I also bought this step drill bit for $9 from Amazon to install the grommet.

NEIKO 10194A Titanium Step Drill Bit, High-Speed Alloy-Steel Bit, Hole Expander for Wood and Metal, 10 Step Sizes from 1/4 Inch to 1 3/8 Inches

Back