THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waytall

Normally this may be an easier answer, especially if I lived down south somewhere. But being a Yankee from Massachusetts, it's a tricky answer as good pits aren't right around the corner.
I have $2500 or so and am tired of playing musical meats on my Weber. I'm pretty sure I want a stick burner, patio or smallish trailer is fine (won't move it very much). I have a family of five good eaters and a pretty large extended family/friends. As I said, Rotating around a couple pork butts and a bunch of rib racks is becoming the norm and is getting old. So I want something bigger, but not outrageous that I need to really feed it heavy for small cooks during the week.
Maybe a patio version in the 24 x 54ish area or something.

Thanks for the help

Oh I know the fight, up in Canada it's either homemade or cheap because it's ridiculous to ship. Luckily for us a guy started a yoder dealer in town so everyone is going for yodels around here who is graduating from wsm's.

I would definitely get in touch with Humphreys. Kevin ( Smokinit ) is great to deal with and is located in coxsackie NY, or just contact Chad at HumpreysBBQ.com they're located out of Maine. I have one on order and cannot wait to get it. All the reviews seem very positive and alot of teams are using them as well.

Thanks for the links guys. I know all about the Shirley cookers, they look amazing and I've never read any complaints either. Paul and Tyler build real quality. My problem is location. I'm in Massachusetts. Shipping would be a killer.
I've looked at the Humphreys and they look really nice. Pretty sure I want a stick burner though.
There is a Yoder dealer up in New Hampshire about 1.5 hours away(they add about 500 to the MSRP though ). A kingman would be $3500

Thanks for the links guys. I know all about the Shirley cookers, they look amazing and I've never read any complaints either. Paul and Tyler build real quality. My problem is location. I'm in Massachusetts. Shipping would be a killer.

well you can think about it another way---it'd be a killer road trip!!!! lol

Happy Lonestar customer here as well. Since you did mention a stick burner I would check out the vertical offsets from LSG. IMO You can def swing a 24x24 vertical offset for $2500 total with shipping. Vertical offsets have small footprint and a ton of cooking space. I've got a 24x30 and LOVE IT!

There is one for sale right now from a brethren and a mod on here. MilitantSquatter (Vinny) if you're interested with an insulated firebox but his in Charlotte, NC.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209953

Here is what a 24x24 looks like

eric_pit_2.jpg

Back