THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
A while ago I purchased this nice looking Bone-in Ribeye with the intention of entering it into a Throwdown (“Big Farking Chop”)

Unfortunately I didn’t read the entry deadline correctly and missed the cutoff time. No worries, I froze it and waited for a better time to cook it. A couple days ago I thawed it out.

I frenched the Ribeye.

Here are the ingredients for the rub. (Same as I use on Tri-Tip)

I finely chopped the Rosemary.

I rubbed on some Worcestershire sauce, then some fresh ground sea salt with garlic, some fresh ground black pepper, some steak seasoning and finally the Rosemary.

I wrapped this up and let it rest for 6 hours.

An hour before I put the Ribeye on the kamado, I cleaned and halved some Brussels Sprouts. I put them in a bowl, drizzled them with Basil infused OO, then some fresh ground sea salt with garlic, some fresh ground black pepper and gave them a good toss.

I now put these in a vacuum sealed bagged and gave them a Sous Vide head start on their their way to my plate.

Later I put the Ribeye on the 225 degree kamado, indirect, with some Hickory chunks and set my thermometer for an IT of 113 degrees.

While this was happening I got the Brussels Sprouts going in my 14” C.I. skillet. First I fried up some bacon. I remove that and revered some crumbles for later. I pour off most on the bacon grease and then added some onion and 2 tbsp. of minced garlic and let them just start to sweat.

Now I added 1/2 cup of red wine

and then the Brussels Sprouts. Let this cook until they are tender and then add in some bacon crumbles.

Once my thermometer alarm went off, I remove the Ribeye and loosely tented with foil. I opened my vents all the way and waited for searing temperatures.

Once it reached 500 degrees on the dome thermometer I put the Ribeye on for 3 minutes per side.

I removed it and let it rest 10 minutes and then plated everything up. Here it is with the Brussels Sprouts, some rice pilaf that my wife made, a couple of coins of Blue Cheese Compound Butter and a Modern Times Blazing World IPA.

A perfect medium rare.

And here is the money shot below.

Unbelievably Delicious!

Back