THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm new around here, so I'm just now seeing these build threads. :clap2:

The "600 gallon" thread had me chuckling the whole time just at the sheer gargantuan awesomeness of that beast. I'm happier knowing that something like that exists :thumb:

One question on the "600" (and sorry if I missed it): What did you finally do for the door assists? Or are you muscle-ing them?

I'm new around here, so I'm just now seeing these build threads. :clap2:

The "600 gallon" thread had me chuckling the whole time just at the sheer gargantuan awesomeness of that beast. I'm happier knowing that something like that exists :thumb:

One question on the "600" (and sorry if I missed it): What did you finally do for the door assists? Or are you muscle-ing them?

Muscling them away currently but will eventually get to adding counterweights hopefully lol

Lol yea it keeps people out lol

This shows the opening slightly above grate level. And exhaust slightly below grate level honestly it works well gives some killer color on the food. I was skeptical at the beginning but after cooking on it I am now a believer. This is called Jambo style this is how their openings are in their pits.

Attachments

Nice job DHQ....glad to see you had your son involved too! Hard to find kids interested in this stuff today!

Love the 6 hundo too!

Ed

We have her pretty much down now.. Used her in local contest after removing meats off my big offset to set the glaze.. she heats up quickly. Overall very happy with her. She lays some beautiful color down on some meat. I eventually plan on drilling at least one hole for a thermometer but cooking blind has been very fun lol

Attachments

Back