THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything probed tender around the same time about an hour ago....2 butts and 3 briskets. Seems........too good to be true, and would be a first for me.

Resting in the cooler for a few hours, then the moment of truth. In the mean time, Im going to begin self marination. That was a lot of work, Im out of stick burnin' shape.

Love like cooks!! It all looks incredible. Great farkin' day indeed!!!

Everything came out pretty good, I would give the briskets an 7-8/10 with 10 being my best eva. The pork was perfect though, not usually a big pulled pork fan but this came out pretty tasty.

The mystery brisket was very interesting....it let out a _ton_ of fat and juices, yellowish clear oil almost like a melted ghee. It has a very beefy, almost funky taste. I do think this was part of a brisket after all, there was two distinct muscles and I sliced the "flat" and chopped the point. The chopped point reminded me of the time I made oxtail and shank in the instant pot, both in texture, fattiness, and richness.

And those of you that commented on my pristine driveway jinxed me :thumb: I was dripping grease all over it towards the end lol.

In the hot water bath to serve later this afternoon. I like to cook in advance when possible, no timelines bearing down on the cook, and I haven't had my face in and out of a smokey hot cooker all day, so I actually want to eat the food. :thumb:

That’s a sweet SV setup you have there.

I’m liking the trailer conversion you did, I still think your cart model was set too. I’m sure it is a beast to drag around

Well on flat ground the golf cart was manageable, but if I wanted to take it anywhere on a trailer....lawdy. But the driveway at my new house makes even the trailer model interesting with a truck doing the pushing, so it ended up being some good fortune on my part that I had it converted.....or some bad house shopping lol.

Back