♫♫ I'm back in the saddle again ♫♫ live cook in progress

Everything probed tender around the same time about an hour ago....2 butts and 3 briskets. Seems........too good to be true, and would be a first for me.

Resting in the cooler for a few hours, then the moment of truth. In the mean time, Im going to begin self marination. That was a lot of work, Im out of stick burnin' shape.

Love like cooks!! It all looks incredible. Great farkin' day indeed!!!

Everything came out pretty good, I would give the briskets an 7-8/10 with 10 being my best eva. The pork was perfect though, not usually a big pulled pork fan but this came out pretty tasty.

The mystery brisket was very interesting....it let out a _ton_ of fat and juices, yellowish clear oil almost like a melted ghee. It has a very beefy, almost funky taste. I do think this was part of a brisket after all, there was two distinct muscles and I sliced the "flat" and chopped the point. The chopped point reminded me of the time I made oxtail and shank in the instant pot, both in texture, fattiness, and richness.

And those of you that commented on my pristine driveway jinxed me :thumb: I was dripping grease all over it towards the end lol.

In the hot water bath to serve later this afternoon. I like to cook in advance when possible, no timelines bearing down on the cook, and I haven't had my face in and out of a smokey hot cooker all day, so I actually want to eat the food. :thumb:

That’s a sweet SV setup you have there.

I’m liking the trailer conversion you did, I still think your cart model was set too. I’m sure it is a beast to drag around

Well on flat ground the golf cart was manageable, but if I wanted to take it anywhere on a trailer....lawdy. But the driveway at my new house makes even the trailer model interesting with a truck doing the pushing, so it ended up being some good fortune on my part that I had it converted.....or some bad house shopping lol.

Back