THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh my Richard! Dang between you and Jeff I'm lost. :shocked: Luckily I've been fortunate to taste the tacos you and the Mrs. put together so I can totally taste those. :hungry:

Oh my Richard! Dang between you and Jeff I'm lost. :shocked: Luckily I've been fortunate to taste the tacos you and the Mrs. put together so I can totally taste those. :hungry:

I'm another lucky person who has enjoyed tacos at Casa Moose.

Mighty strong work there!

Care to share the recipe? Pretty please with sugar on top, please! :becky:

+1 on the comment for the marinade recipe!
Looks AMAZING!!!!

This is what I used:

3 guajillo chiles
3 ancho chiles
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cloves garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons salt
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
2 onions, peeled and sliced thin

5 pounds boneless pork butt, sliced as close to 1/4 inch as possible

Combine six cups of water, the dried chiles and the bay leaf in a large pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, and let stand until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain. Discard bay leaf, seed and stem chiles.

Put softened chiles in a food processor with the orange and pineapple juices, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and one sliced onion. Puree until smooth.

Pour the marinade into Ziplocs or a sealable container add the meat and toss to coat. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hours.

This is what I used:

3 guajillo chiles
3 ancho chiles
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cloves garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons salt
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
2 onions, peeled and sliced thin

5 pounds boneless pork butt, sliced as close to 1/4 inch as possible

Combine six cups of water, the dried chiles and the bay leaf in a large pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, and let stand until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain. Discard bay leaf, seed and stem chiles.

Put softened chiles in a food processor with the orange and pineapple juices, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and one sliced onion. Puree until smooth.

Pour the marinade into Ziplocs or a sealable container add the meat and toss to coat. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hours.

Thanks Moose but I was looking for the "homemade ranch beans made with broth and meat from the pork bone" recipe.

Back