• Weber Kettle Rotisserie Al Pastor + Homemade Tortillas = Tasty Tacos

Oh my Richard! Dang between you and Jeff I'm lost. :shocked: Luckily I've been fortunate to taste the tacos you and the Mrs. put together so I can totally taste those. :hungry:

Oh my Richard! Dang between you and Jeff I'm lost. :shocked: Luckily I've been fortunate to taste the tacos you and the Mrs. put together so I can totally taste those. :hungry:

I'm another lucky person who has enjoyed tacos at Casa Moose.

Mighty strong work there!

Care to share the recipe? Pretty please with sugar on top, please! :becky:

+1 on the comment for the marinade recipe!
Looks AMAZING!!!!

This is what I used:

3 guajillo chiles
3 ancho chiles
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cloves garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons salt
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
2 onions, peeled and sliced thin

5 pounds boneless pork butt, sliced as close to 1/4 inch as possible

Combine six cups of water, the dried chiles and the bay leaf in a large pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, and let stand until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain. Discard bay leaf, seed and stem chiles.

Put softened chiles in a food processor with the orange and pineapple juices, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and one sliced onion. Puree until smooth.

Pour the marinade into Ziplocs or a sealable container add the meat and toss to coat. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hours.

:clap: Awesome, Moose! My absolute favorite taco, and those look outstanding!

it is not an exaggeration to say I eat Al Pastor a minimum 2x a week.. In fact, I will be eating it in about an hour

This is what I used:

3 guajillo chiles
3 ancho chiles
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cloves garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons salt
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
2 onions, peeled and sliced thin

5 pounds boneless pork butt, sliced as close to 1/4 inch as possible

Combine six cups of water, the dried chiles and the bay leaf in a large pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, and let stand until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain. Discard bay leaf, seed and stem chiles.

Put softened chiles in a food processor with the orange and pineapple juices, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and one sliced onion. Puree until smooth.

Pour the marinade into Ziplocs or a sealable container add the meat and toss to coat. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hours.

Thanks Moose but I was looking for the "homemade ranch beans made with broth and meat from the pork bone" recipe.

Back