• One of Our Favorite Go-To Meals: Korean BBQ Beef & Spicy Pork Grilled Over Blazing Hot Coals

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
This is one of our favorite go-to meals, and since we're having a Go-To Meal Throwdown, I thought it would be cool to share it with you. You can check out the Throwdown HERE.

We usually serve the grilled pork and beef with Kimchi and pan fried dumplings.

So, to get started:

The beef and pork we pick up at our local Asian market, pre-marinated:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%203_zpsrn5wntpa.jpg

There are two beef options at this market - you can either get short rib meat, or ribeye. The ribeye is much cheaper, and every bit as good and flavorful as the short rib meat:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%204_zps7vg9kelo.jpg

Spicy pork, marinated in hot Korean chile paste:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%205_zps2hhlquxs.jpg

Fired up the Kingsford Oval:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%206_zpsnys8gngc.jpg

Grill topper on the grate:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%207_zpsu8l71rxf.jpg

Cooking the beef:

DSC_0167_zpsbcmetcot.jpg

Once the beef was done, I grilled the pork.

Beef hot off the grill:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%208_zpsdquf8okz.jpg

Spicy pork hot off the grill:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%209_zpsadupmqet.jpg

Everything plated and ready to eat, along with some homemade dipping sauce for the dumplings, which consists of equal parts soy and ponzu, with a dash of sesame oil:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%201_zps19gy9nw0.jpg

Meat money shot:

Two%20Meat%20Korean%20BBQ%20Dinner%20Resized%202_zpsfjyylh16.jpg

It was dee-lishus as always! The beef was slightly sweet, which played nicely off the spicy pork, along with the cool and spicy Kimchi. The dumplings were a nice palate cleanser in between bites of the beef and pork.

Yeah I can see why this is one of your favorite go to meals, looks delicious.

Nom nom nom! Looks killer Richard.

Love Galleria and their selection.

Delicious and great cook! I have a local and very large Korean food store that sells very similar products. It’s one of our faves too:eusa_clap

Cool you can get those meats from your market, ready to go like that. Very nice, Moose.

Both of these pre-marinated meats are as good as some of the nicer Korean BBQ restaurants I've been to, but at a small fraction of the price. I'm guessing that both portions of meats together would have been about $45 in a restaurant, yet they only cost me less than $11!

Looks so tasty Moose!! I'd eat my weight in pot stickers if I could too. lol

Simple but insanely good. I will have to do that soon as the rain stops. Will have to marinate my own but that is no biggy. Kim chee is a must in my home.

I normally dip my kalbi or bulgogi in the sesame oil/salt/pepper dip they have at the Korean places. This looks outstanding!

Back