• Late Night Fire-Roasted Green Chile Cheeseburger w/ a Side of Crispy Fries

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Green chile cheeseburgers are one of our favorite ways to do burgers. Fire roasted poblano and Anaheim chiles, diced white onions are cooked on the griddle till everything becomes a dark, caramelized jam. It adds a sweet, smoky, and spicy flavor to the burger, and along with a hot griddled beef patty, a slice of muenster cheese, you’ve got one awesome green chile cheeseburger.

Got a late start last night, but abandoning ship for takeout wasn't an option, so here it goes:

Here’s the chiles after they were fire roasted with my weed burner:

Wrapped in newspaper to let them sweat for about ½ hour:

Chiles cleaned and sliced:

Chiles with diced onions:

Then onto the Blackstone:

Earlier in the day, I whipped up a batch of salsa roja for the tacos I’m making today. 50 chile arbols, 4 guajillos went into this and yes, it was freakin’hot!:

I was thinking the salsa roja would add another layer of chile flavor to the burger, so I kept it handy for the burger assembly.

Meanwhile, the chiles and onions were pretty much done – everything was nicely caramelized:

All burger ingredients ready:

Patties on the griddle after the first flip:

Cheese melted nicely:

And here’s everything all finished and ready to eat – green chile cheeseburger with a spread of salsa roja in a basket with a side of crispy fries:

Closer:

It was everything we had hoped for and more!

Thanks fer lookin’.

Good Lawd, that looks awesome!

50 arbols!? :shock: Sweet God in Heaven! That'd make my face melt off.

Now you can add burgers to your list of foods you have mastered, next to Pizza!
The only thing wrong with that cook is I did not see my burger waiting on me. That is as good a burger as I have seen in a while and it had everything on it that I like. Great job!

Now you can add burgers to your list of foods you have mastered, next to Pizza!
The only thing wrong with that cook is I did not see my burger waiting on me. That is as good a burger as I have seen in a while and it had everything on it that I like. Great job!

Thanks, Ron - I hope you'll give it a try sometime. It's very simple to make!

You might enjoy a few of my past burger cooks that were fast food clones:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185042

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250754

Back