A little help with ThermoWorks TW8060...?

food4thot

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
First time I've used it. Doing a 10# brisket.

Put the batteries in and plugged both probes (alligator clip & penetration) into the unit. They both went to ambient temperature within .3 degrees of each other.

Clipped one on the grate and put the other in the brisket. Neither temperature has changed from the initial ambient even though the meat is still cool internally and the WSM lid thermometer is right around 250.

Tried shutting the unit off a couple times and disconnecting and reconnecting the probes. Still stuck on the initial ambient temps. The manual for the TW8060 is pretty brief and offers no troubleshooting tips.

Is there a reset button on this thing?

Nevermind. Just took the batteries out, put them back in and it appears to working.

Interesting. The lid thermometer reads right around 250 but the probe next to the meat reads 298. Closing the vents a little.

The temperature difference explains why the beef ribs I did last weekend came out slightly over done

There is probably a hold button (or combination of buttons) that makes the display hold the current temps until you release the hold. Did you RTM?

I had a quick look at the manual and it looks like you might have hit the min/max button as it will hold the display and show the max or min temps until you hit the button a few more times.

Interesting. The lid thermometer reads right around 250 but the probe next to the meat reads 298. Closing the vents a little.

The temperature difference explains why the beef ribs I did last weekend came out slightly over done

I would say you have solved your problems..... Great Work...

Back