A Few Lamb Chops

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Another campfire cook.

Used the tractor tire rim again. I put the chops in an olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme (think that was all) marinade before leaving home and tossed them in the ice chest. Made for a quick meal.

Sauteed some scallions and garlic in butter/bacon drippings til tender...

lamb%20chops%20lake%20055res_zpsvfob19ue.jpg

started bacon in a small skillet...

lamb%20chops%20lake%20056res_zpsdfxhi0yj.jpg

added a wild rice, brown, red, white rice blend and let it cook for awhile before adding chicken stock and seasonings..
I let the rice simmer til tender and the stock was absorbed, then kept it on the low heat side of the fire.

lamb%20chops%20lake%20061res_zpsn9rtdhzs.jpg

lamb%20chops%20lake%20069res_zpsrlhjtooh.jpg

added edamame...

lamb%20chops%20lake%20070res_zpslj8bbmlu.jpg

grilled the lamb chops last. They cooked fast!

lamb%20chops%20lake%20078res_zpsfhmefhsh.jpg

lamb%20chops%20lake%20085res_zpsfli8zdlh.jpg

flipped and rotated over the fire...

lamb%20chops%20lake%20088res_zpsuspv3rrp.jpg

lamb%20chops%20lake%20100res_zpsis014qst.jpg

Seasoned the rice blend and edamame, then supper was ready.

lamb%20chops%20lake%20093res_zpsmcgyjavh.jpg

lamb chops, edamame and wild rice...

lamb%20chops%20lake%20111res_zpsf7fhrxwt.jpg

lamb%20chops%20lake%20124res_zpspudx4oke.jpg

Then kicked back and enjoyed the night... :grin:

lamb%20chops%20lake%20137res_zpsky1y90zf.jpg

It was a quick cook, I like lamb pretty rare. The chops were so tender. I had forgotten how much I love lamb. Hope to make these again next time I go camping. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

That's perfectly done Jeanie! Love the lamb T-bones :becky:

That's perfectly done Jeanie! Love the lamb T-bones :becky:

Thanks Sako! They were thick little chops. I thought I could down a couple but just made it through one. :biggrin1:

Nice lookin chops! What are edamame, some sort of bean? If I have enough expanded metal left from my build, I would like to make a camp fire cooking grate. I've gonna have plenty of fire wood anyways!

Thanks Sako! They were thick little chops. I thought I could down a couple but just made it through one. :biggrin1:

You should've hollered neighbor. :becky: Sure could've taken down at least a couple.

It's cooked perfect. Dang! (not surprised btw):thumb:

Yet another fantastic cook... Lamb is one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing.

Lamb is one of my favorites. That is my yearly valentines meat with my boo. Great looking cook!

Well Jeanie, another perfect cook! No surprise there. The chops look amazing and the rice looks darn tasty as well. My wife and I were just talking about doing some lamb for mothers day. I think it's a must now. That for keeping all the great posts coming. I just wish I could taste it over the web.

T-Bone lamb chops. Fine dining !!!!

Yummy looking supper right there! I haven't had lamb in a long time.

Love the simple marinade with the lamb. Sets off the flavors perfectly - especially when done on the rare side
Great work!!

Back