A Wellington on a Weber (Pr0n)

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Since there is a Breaded TD taking place now, I decided to try my hand at making an individual Beef Wellington with a Filet Mignon of Beef. (I specify beef because here in France Filet Mignon is a Pork Tenderloin) I gathered all my ingredients together and got jiggy with it!

First step was to prepare the Duxelles. Duxelles is a finely chopped (minced) mixture of mushrooms or mushroom stems, onions, shallots and herbs sautéed in butter, and reduced to a paste (sometimes cream is used, as well). It is a basic preparation used in stuffings and sauces (notably, beef Wellington) or as a garnish. Duxelles can also be filled into a pocket of raw pastry and baked as a savory tart.

Chopped Blette a type of Chard.

Portabella mushrooms diced fine.

Add some finely dice shallot

Next the onions.

More crimi mushroom and we are ready to go!

Can't forget the Foie Gras, add to the Duxelles at the end and stir well.

Got a chimney flaming out on the terrace for some searing and sauté action.

Add cognac and flambé

Looking good enough to eat!

Sear the Filet Mignon direct on the chimney.

Next wrap in the pastry with the Duxelles. (Reserve 1/2 of the mixture for a sauce with creme and Demi Glace.)

Brush the pastry with melted butter and leave a hole at the top for the steam to escape.

Baked indirect at 375° in the OTG for 35 minutes on a pewter platter.

Cut in half and served with the remaining sauce, endives sautéed in brown butter and boiled potatoes.

The Money Shot!

Thanks for looking and join me in a throwdown!

Wow. I have no words to describe the intense urge to book a flight to France right now.

That looks.... amazing.

Fantastic! Thanks for taking the time and doing the pictorial. Great job :thumb:

Jed, simply "meraviglioso"!
My wife is astonished and she is planning something like your cook. BUT (I shouldn't say that) I don't believe she has enough skillness.

Back