Bacon-wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

jwtseng

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was going to do a stuffed pork loin, but since the "2016 Pork Tenderloin Master" TD was going on I decided to make some adjustments and enter the whole shebang...

Here are most of the ingredients gathered up:

VA9amz2h.jpg

I knew there had to be more than one tenderloin in that package, but I was glad when I opened it up and saw that the two tenderloins were of comparable size:

KfvM3Keh.jpg

I butterflied the tenderloins and then pounded them flat and positioned them on top of the bacon-weave that I had waiting. I used an extra strip of bacon to cover up the gap between the two tenderloins.

UDcWdJih.jpg

The stuffing for this tenderloin consisted of a mushroom pate with garlic & shallots, as well as parsley, kale, jalepenos, and dried cranberries. It's not the most appetizing to look at at this point, but the stuff tasted good.

v81xWo9h.jpg

Here it is all rolled up...look Ma, no meat glue!

tqhdRZ7h.jpg

Since the whole thing weighed almost 4 pounds by now, it was going to be difficult to handle with the bacon wrap and all, especially since the plan was to grill this beast on the grill. I decided to wrap it tightly in saran wrap first. This made it easier to truss it all up with butcher's twine. The plan before grilling was to cut the saran wrap out from under the twine to keep the whole thing together....this ended up being really easy.

b0rlOxPh.jpg

Here's a pic of my Santa Maria...been loving it recently!

kwxm8pCh.jpg

Here's a shot of the trussed up roll sans saran sitting on the grill:

SIk8bXIh.jpg

Grilling time was a relaxing 3 hours mostly indirect with constant turning and tempering off the grill. Internal temp was 135F at the end. Smelled and looked great, I thought!

gDlNyueh.jpg

The bacon rendered from the outside and butter from the mushroom pate rendered from inside.

wFD9NVXh.jpg

Here the finished product...no sides needed!

9CP8fJ8h.jpg

Great idea, great prep, great pics. Very nicely done. A++

Nice job on that weave James, looks delicious!

Good Lord. Excellent

Looks amazing.

Thanks Bill!

Great idea, great prep, great pics. Very nicely done. A++

Thank you, Ron!

Nice job on that weave James, looks delicious!

Thanks Jeanie! I'm quite proud of the weave myself...of course, I had to tie it down to get it to stay on!

Mamma mia.
Looks delicious James!

Thank you Enrico!

Looks awesome, nice cook.

Thanks jsperk! Is your first name "Jasper" by any chance? My autocorrect keeps kicking in on your username...lol.

Back