THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scottjess

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Scottjames84
Man this really is an ugly drum smoker.

I have not painted it yet; nor have I put on a temperature gauge but I have the hole drilled for that.

I have a few leaks around the lid BUT it is holding temps so far.

Qsi9B.jpg

Man this really is an ugly drum smoker.

I have not painted it yet; nor have I put on a temperature gauge but I have the hole drilled for that.

I have a few leaks around the lid BUT it is holding temps so far.

Qsi9B.jpg

Looks like a beauty to me. I left mine el natural and it is one rusted heap.
:grin:

Im loving this build; snowing outside, cold as hell and yet the smoker has held its temps for over 2 hours now.

Most amazing 4-8 hours you will ever spend building on an efficient smoker.... and still spend less than $200

Im not 100% on how much it cost to build; I am thinking around $150-70 including hiring a guy to weld a flange around the top for the weber lid to slip into.

Im not 100% on how much it cost to build; I am thinking around $150-70 including hiring a guy to weld a flange around the top for the weber lid to slip into.

Wow I'm on # 16 and have yet to go over $40.00 $20.00 for wheels and another $20 for grates. Then again I'm a scrounger!
11uds002.jpg

Back